Eset Smart Security 7 x64 and Windows 8.1 x64

I recently installed windows 8.1 v9600 x64, then found there is 6.0.316 final, remarked that the function does not work HIPS, and firevall when the mode is based on the policy.
Then removed Eset 6, and installed 7 beta 104. Firevall works well on the basis of politics, but HIPS still does not work, an error communicating with drivers.
P.S The old eye icon in eset 6 was better than the current icon in ESET SS Beta 7

• Administrators

I recently installed windows 8.1 v9600 x64, then found there is 6.0.316 final, remarked that the function does not work HIPS, and firevall when the mode is based on the policy.

Then removed Eset 6, and installed 7 beta 104. Firevall works well on the basis of politics, but HIPS still does not work, an error communicating with drivers.

An error communicating with drivers occurs after a fresh installation on Windows 8.1 because the HIPS driver included in the current installation package is not Win 8.1 compliant. However, after restarting the computer the error should be gone and everything should work like a charm. Should the problem persist after the computer restart, please post information about installed modules from the About window. We'd also like to ask you to create a new topic to tackle a particular issue as this topic is meant for posting suggestions for future versions.

I have installed to the fresh windows 8.1 x64 the Beta ESET SS v7.0.104 .

The Bugs I Have mantioned linked with hips and updating data base. When I pushing update , IT starts downloading update about 17 mb, then It refreshes data base, but after this, eset wants to download about 519 kb bases, but when It was downloaded , the refreshing of database was finished with this error  :

Undocumented serious error (0x1106)

Downloading File name: em008_32_n8.nup(name of database)

------------

About Hips.

It's the red colour in the settings and doesn't work... After restarting It doesn't work anyway.

P.S I don't like the new icon of ESET. The old eye was better ;) Waiting the Final version of ESET 7 Without any bugs and troubles.

Edited by ChesterCloud

The Bugs I Have mantioned linked with hips and updating data base. When I pushing update , IT starts downloading update about 17 mb, then It refreshes data base, but after this, eset wants to download about 519 kb bases, but when It was downloaded , the refreshing of database was finished with this error  :

Downloading File name: em008_32_n8.nup(name of database)

------------

About Hips.

It's the red colour in the settings and doesn't work... After restarting It doesn't work anyway.

P.S I don't like the new icon of ESET. The old eye was better ;) Waiting the Final version of ESET 7 Without any bugs and troubles.

it's been more than a week now and no ESS or NOD32 v7 Final although it was released for the Germans last week! not fair

Edited by Tweak Arena

• Administrators

it's been more than a week now and no ESS or NOD32 v7 Final although it was released for the Germans last week! not fair

It's normal to release products in 2 or more waves. The 2nd wave will follow in a few weeks. If you can't wait, feel free to install v7 beta as it's perfectly stable and the final version will be released with minor changes or fixes.

• Administrators

Does clearing update cache make a difference? If not, try uninstalling v7 and installing it from scratch.

My 2 year license will be up in a few weeks and I would like to update but I do not want to do this with V7 on the horizon and not knowing if there will be any issues, when will the English version be finalized, I dont like to put beta versions on my computer.

I don't think the NOD32 or ESS v7 Final in English will release anytime soon. I have tried contacting ESET on Twitter and on these forums but no, rather than telling us paying users the final release date in English Language, they give me this waves nonsense!

I have a 3 year / 3 User license for god's sake this is the last thing I wanna hear! and no I am not installing Beta software on my freshly installed Windows 8.1

I think I might go with another A/V if thats the case. I never minded the 100 or so dollars for a 2 year 3 computer license, but I need to know the release date. Thanks.

I think I might go with another A/V if thats the case. I never minded the 100 or so dollars for a 2 year 3 computer license, but I need to know the release date. Thanks.

well if I had the cash right now, I would switch to Kaspersky or Trend Micro AV with a heartbeat but I don't, so I am forced to sit at the mercy of ESET to unveil this great mystery! :rolleyes:

well if I had the cash right now, I would switch to Kaspersky or Trend Micro AV with a heartbeat but I don't, so I am forced to sit at the mercy of ESET to unveil this great mystery! :rolleyes:

I have the cash right now, and I have to update by the end of the month, I will wait until my last day of validity and then change if its not released.

Is this thread for 5 year olds or what is going on here! 

Do both of you have some kind of problem with the version you have installed or why is it so hard to wait. I really don't get it. 

@alan

Even if V7 is NOT out when you need to renew, you can still renew now but keep your current installation, and download V7 whenever it becomes available. Or change product if you have found something better I don't care, I just think both of you are being silly.

Also, we're not less protected only because you can't get V7 when you demand it.  :ph34r:

so I am forced to sit at the mercy of ESET to unveil this great mystery!

It's no mystery It's all going as scheduled  :D

Be patient  -_-

Edited by SweX

Also, we're not less protected only because you can't get V7 when you demand it.  :ph34r:

you stop defending ESET in every thread someone asks about the release date! its their right as customers to ask so don't give us the same answers "be patient" "rolled out in waves soon" bla bla bla

Yes I have a proble, a MAJOR one, I am on Windows 8.1 (fresh format) so NOD32 v6 doesn't work, and I dont want to install the Beta after I have known that the final was released for the Germans last week, I want to keep my system with that clean registry instead of uninstalling the beta then installing the final when its right around the corner but Eset is not giving us a firm date so you sit back and stay out of this

you stop defending ESET in every thread someone asks about the release date! its their right as customers to ask so don't give us the same answers "be patient" "rolled out in waves soon" bla bla bla

I am not defending anything or anyone. I just think this asking and asking takes us nowhere. And I am referring to official answer and schedule explanation given by ESET.  

So you think ESET is lying, and it's not going to be rolled out in waves as they say?  Why would they lie about that?

As I see it that is the truth coming straight from ESET.

Yes I have a proble, a MAJOR one, I am on Windows 8.1 (fresh format) so NOD32 v6 doesn't work, and I dont want to install the Beta after I have known that the final was released for the Germans last week, I want to keep my system with that clean registry instead of uninstalling the beta then installing the final when its right around the corner but Eset is not giving us a firm date so you sit back and stay out of this

I think V6 works just fine under 8.1 if you enable pre-release updates afaik. ESET can tell you if that is the case.

But you are of course free to continue asking over and over if you like I won't stop you, but the answers will be no different. Until ESET release more info and/or push the release button. 

Over and out!

Edited by SweX

Do both of you have some kind of problem with the version you have installed or why is it so hard to wait. I really don't get it. 

@alan

Even if V7 is NOT out when you need to renew, you can still renew now but keep your current installation, and download V7 whenever it becomes available. Or change product if you have found something better I don't care, I just think both of you are being silly.

I am not demanding anything, I just do not want to go through an uninstall and a reinstall for nothing, what if V7 doesnt play nice, I want to know, it just so happens my license is running out, why should I buy a new V when it may not play nice with my configuration? Thats all folks.

Edited by alan1476

• Administrators

Even older versions have modules already fully compatible with Windows 8.1. If you have an issue with v5/v6 on Windows 8.1, please contact Customer care who will assist you like with any other issue.

I am not demanding anything, I just do not want to go through an uninstall and a reinstall for nothing, what if V7 doesnt play nice, I want to know, it just so happens my license is running out, why should I buy a new V when it may not play nice with my configuration? Thats all folks.

The demand part wasn't directed at you in particular.

A way to find out if V7 works OK for you is to test out the V7 BETA. And by doing so, if it for some reason wouldn't work fine for you and you report any issues you may find to ESET, you then give ESET a chance to fix it before the final is released, or else you will first discover the problem after the final has been released already, and it would be too late for ESET to fix it before the release. :)

@alan

Hey all

It is very seldom I comment such responds. Actually the first time, and most likely the last. I write only to give my support to Swex's statement, and to give a kudos for his answer. We are also many users ,who have used some of our spare time to beta test and write correspondence with the moderators of this forum, and will therefore not see Eset realesed before it is ready, or as ready it can be.

Regards Janus :-))

@alan

Hey all

It is very seldom I comment such responds. Actually the first time, and most likely the last. I write only to give my support to Swex's statement, and to give a kudos for his answer. We are also many users ,who have used some of our spare time to beta test and write correspondence with the moderators of this forum, and will therefore not see Eset realesed before it is ready, or as ready it can be.

but the big point you missed is, it IS ready, and was released in German language as FINAL 10 days ago! so what are you saying here? I'm saying it's not fair that one language gets it while others sit in the dust waiting with no firm release date....waves....riiiiiiiiiight

@alan

Hey all

Thanks for understanding Janus. My point was is it is ok to ask one time "why can't I download V7 yet when they can in Germany". Then all one can do is redirect to official answers from ESET as myself and others have done.  :)

• Administrators

Regarding staggered releases, not only software has to be perfectly ready for release from the technical point of view but also all distributors worldwide have to be ready for the release on local markets (it also includes manufacturing CDs, marketing campaigns, etc.). Thanks to the staggered release, the second wave builds will have an issue with Outlook 2013 fixed.

@alan

Hey all

Regarding staggered releases, not only software has to be perfectly ready for release from the technical point of view but also all distributors worldwide have to be ready for the release on local markets (it also includes manufacturing CDs, marketing campaigns, etc.). Thanks to the staggered release, the second wave builds will have an issue with Outlook 2013 fixed.

Patience is a virtue, some people are born with it, other people have to learn it through daily life. I can wait... :P Kudos to SweX, Janus and Marcos.

Edited by TomFace