Anti-theft vulnerability ?

I've just activated and tested the anti-theft feature and found it be alarmingly good - especially at pinpointing my location.

However, when I login to the phantom account, although ESS isn't listed in the Programs listing from the Start menu, it is shown if using Windows Explorer.

The phantom account also allows access to Control Panel, where ESS is visible, and presumably could be uninstalled ?

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

thank you for your kind words about this feature.

To uninstall an application you need to have admin rights.

Phantom account has very limited access rights so uninstalling is not possible.

• 2 weeks later...

help, I was testing the anti-theaft feature, now I can't get to my admin account under windows 7 so I can't get back to the right part of the Eset site to report it found, any suggestions?

help, I was testing the anti-theaft feature, now I can't get to my admin account under windows 7 so I can't get back to the right part of the Eset site to report it found, any suggestions?

Hello dmartisi

You have probably thought about it, but if you have access to the web, either through a smartphone or through another computer (or a friends computer), then use that way to go to my.eset.com and report the computer found by clicking "I recovered my device" ( after that your normal user account will be re-enabled.) The other alternative is to use Eset local customer support in your country.

Regards, Janus :-))

Edited by Janus

Hello dmartisi

You have probably thought about it, but if you have access to the web, either through a smartphone or through another computer (or a friends computer), then use that way to go to my.eset.com and report the computer found by clicking "I recovered my device" ( after that your normal user account will be re-enabled.) The other alternative is to use Eset local customer support in your country.

Regards, Janus :-))

that worked great thanks

Edited by dmarfisi