Firewall not functional issue

Marco2526

Hello

Experiencing a bit of an issue here.

As per the .jpeg below the ESET remote administrator states that one of our computer's firewall is not fuctional:

Firewall.JPG

So I though I would google the issue but I see most users experiencing this issue do not have the ESET personal firewall in their LAN Properties as per below:

Untitled.jpg

I have tried to reinstall and the same problem still persists. I have followed the below however I can't seem to come right as the firewall refuses to return to a functioning state and have run out of ideas.

• Administrators

If you to the client, is the protection status actually red? If so, please drop me a pm with the output from ELC attached. For instructions, see the link in my signature.

Hi Marcos

I think there may have been a bit of confusion with the remote administrator console.

We initially had problems installing ESET on the machine however our third attempt was successful. Which seemed to have confused the remote administrator as the workstation experiencing the aforementioned problems was repeated three times on the remote administrator. 1 reported no problems and the other 2 were reporting that the firewall was no problem.

So it seems like the remote administrator though it was 3 computers were the same name and the other two reporting the firewall not functional was the previous unsuccessful attempts.

Thanks you for your response on the matter but we have finally figured the issue. 

On 1/6/2017 at 3:15 AM, Marco2526 said:

Hello

Experiencing a bit of an issue here.

As per the .jpeg below the ESET remote administrator states that one of our computer's firewall is not fuctional:

Firewall.JPG

So I though I would google the issue but I see most users experiencing this issue do not have the ESET personal firewall in their LAN Properties as per below:

Untitled.jpg

I have tried to reinstall and the same problem still persists. I have followed the below however I can't seem to come right as the firewall refuses to return to a functioning state and have run out of ideas.

You likely have a leftover ESET Firewall Filtering driver that is not getting removed completely. Do another uninstall and reboot. After reboot navigate to >> C:\windows\system32\drivers and look for any drivers that start with epf. Delete any drivers that start with epf. Also confirm ESET is removed from C:\program files and in the registry under >> HKEY_CURRENT_USER >> Software and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE_Software. Install ESET ENDPOINT AGAIN and you should have better results if the filtering drivers where cleared before fresh install.