Offline activation and updating issue

My customer has 50 users endpoint security, all offline computers, last time activated by offline license file, and DB updating via local mirror server (Mirror created in ESET File Security). Few days ago, about 30 endpoint security cannot get updates, the error is "Unauthorized access", and I found this 30 computers in ELA is red color and error is "offline units are connected to internet". My question is does offline computer go online will affect the updating? Customer using proxy server, setting never change, another 20 endpoint security still working fine. Thanks

• ESET Staff

As the computers were able to connect to edf.eset.com, they are not "offline" completely. In case customer is using proxy server, the recommended update path would be to configure updates / entire eset products communication using this proxy server as it would download less data, than the mirror tool.

The fact that you see them on ela.eset.com should however not affect the ability of them to update, if they are getting update from a local mirror. Is the local http server / folder requiring any form of authentication?

6 minutes ago, MichalJ said:

As the computers were able to connect to edf.eset.com, they are not "offline" completely. In case customer is using proxy server, the recommended update path would be to configure updates / entire eset products communication using this proxy server as it would download less data, than the mirror tool.

The fact that you see them on ela.eset.com should however not affect the ability of them to update, if they are getting update from a local mirror. Is the local http server / folder requiring any form of authentication?

Hi Michal,

The local mirror no authentication required, another 20 computers still working fine, able to download updates from this mirror, they all same settings, only these 30 computers which goes to online suddendly cannot get udpates from local mirror.  

• ESET Staff

License form (online, offline, offline going online) should not have any impact on update from mirror. Are those clients all the same product / version? Have you tried deleting all mirrored files and recreating them again / clearing update cache on the clietns, that are having updating problems?

• Administrators

Please drop me a pm with ELC logs from one of the troublesome clients. For instructions, see the appropriate link in my signature.

1 hour ago, MichalJ said:

License form (online, offline, offline going online) should not have any impact on update from mirror. Are those clients all the same product / version? Have you tried deleting all mirrored files and recreating them again / clearing update cache on the clietns, that are having updating problems?

Hi Michal,

Tried deleting mirror files and clear update cache on clients, but doesn't help. I think the mirror is working file, because some computers able to update.

Thank you

2 hours ago, Marcos said:

Please drop me a pm with ELC logs from one of the troublesome clients. For instructions, see the appropriate link in my signature.

Hi Marcos,

ELC log sent to you.

Thank you