Effectiviness question

Klausen Wifall

I have a question regarding the scanning process, today i scanned some files of my computer but it seemed to take less time to scan than before, the difference between the two times i've scanned the same folder is that the first time the NOD32 window was open and the second time it was minimized to the system tray, does minimizing NOD32 to the system tray affect something on the scans?

• Administrators

ESET uses cache to skip files already scanned with a particular engine database from scanning. Scans are run within the main GUI window unless you click "Open scan window". This window can be minimized by clicking the appropriate button, however, the main GUI window will stay as is. Perhaps you could capture a video to demonstrate what is happening on your machine.

I see, my question is just that if the scan is still effective the same way if you close the window during the scanning, was would be a normal scanning(Without the window closed to the system tray). Besides that nothing seems to be out of normal.