Upgrade from NOD32?

Hi,

If we're on NOD32 antivirus trial, can we upgrade to ESET Smart security without having to lose the settings set by the user?
Is it necessary to uninstall the NOD32 to install ESET Smart security or can we just install ESET SS on top of it without causing any problems?

Cheers!

• Administrators

Installation over EAV should work, however, I prefer installing a different product from scratch. At least not to have ESS installed in the EAV folder. By the way, what settings do you want to preserve? Defaults are best and recommended for most users.

for my NOD32 i have the settings changed to my PC needs. Infact most of the settings are changed, including the exclusion list which is quite big and i don't want it flush away because of installing ESS. I guess installing ESS fresh is better? 

28 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Installation over EAV should work, however, I prefer installing a different product from scratch. At least not to have ESS installed in the EAV folder. By the way, what settings do you want to preserve? Defaults are best and recommended for most users.

Can i export my current NOD32 settings and then import them into ESS?

• Administrators

Yes, you can export and import settings instead of installing ESS on top of EAV. As for exclusions, we don't recommend using them at all as each creates a potential security hole. You should use custom exclusions only if you have run into an issue that ESET could not resolve and using exclusions t was recommended by ESET's staff, or if you want to permanently exclude a particular potentially unwanted or unsafe application from detection.