Domenico_K

Remove the Finder icon

6 posts in this topic

Hello everybody ;

I would like to ask you a question following the installation of this software:

Is it possible to remove the Finder icon without stopping the program?

I do not understand why this icon is there and active since it is also in the top bar like most programs ..

P.S : The icon I changed, it is not the original one ;)

A very big thank you for your answers and help..

 

ishot-1.jpg

ishot-2.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Domenico_K said:

Is it possible to remove the Finder icon without stopping the program?

I do not understand why this icon is there and active since it is also in the top bar like most programs ..

Hi,

Yes, it is possible -- I also don't know why they've begun to show the app in the dock by default either.

Either way, just click the ESET icon on the top bar, click Preferences > then User Interface > Uncheck 'Show Application in the Dock' (or something similar) > Restart macOS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok thank's but I did this but I can not remove the icon from the Dock, it goes back up directly ..

Well I do not know if it's possible of course, maybe not ^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Domenico_K said:

Ok thank's but I did this but I can not remove the icon from the Dock, it goes back up directly ..

Well I do not know if it's possible of course, maybe not ^^

Did you restart macOS after changing the setting? It wont disappear until restarting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/12/2016 at 8:02 AM, planet said:

Did you restart macOS after changing the setting? It wont disappear until restarting.

Yes but But the icon is always present in the bar..

No doubt can not we do otherwise ^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Donmenico. I had the same issue even after opting out the option in the settings. However I could get rid of it with a right click on the icon, option -> Remove from Dock

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.