macOS 10.12.2 issue

Hi!

After updating macOS to 10.12.2 ECSP stopped working. After noticing that I have reinstalled it and it worked, but only till I had to restart the computer. After switching it on again ESET CSP disappeared from the menu and is not starting even if I double click its icon in Apps folder.

Artur

• Most Valued Members

Hi Artur,

I would consider uninstalling ECSP first, restarting macOS, downloading the latest version from the ESET website (currently 6.3.70.1), installing it, activate, let it complete the first initial update, and then restarting macOS to see if the issue has resolved.

If not, there may be something else installed on macOS that is conflicting with ECSP.

Hi!

Uninstall - easier said than done! I can not uninstall ECSP because it is running - dragging it to the trash results in an error message "Cannot remove this item because it is currently open" (or something alike). Thus I was trying to reinstall the ECSP over the running app. As I already said it results in a success, but only until restarting the computer. After that ECSP goes to the limbo again.

The only thing that changed in the configuration was the macOS update - I was not installing anything new.

Artur

• Most Valued Members
56 minutes ago, Artur said:

I can not uninstall ECSP because it is running - dragging it to the trash results in an error message "Cannot remove this item because it is currently open" (or something alike).

Hi Artur,

You should be uninstalling ECSP using the provided Uninstaller which is included inside the downloaded .dmg, or by following the instructions in this KB article.