latest ESA and SharePoint

RubiCom

Hi,
We have a serious issue with SharePoint 2013 after installing the latest version of Secure Authentication. It worked fine before, it works fine when the management and authentication components are the latest, 2.5.23.0 version and SharePoint is left at  2.4.13.0.

Once we upgrade(uninstall old  2.4.x and install new 2.5.x), SharePoint is having issues. It works fine until a user(no matter if he has 2FA enabled, or disabled) press "refresh" in his browser.  After a "refresh", the page does not load correctly anymore, keeps loading, like it would wait for some very long process to respond etc., but finally it does nothing anymore and the only solution is to close the browser and start again.

We tested few different browsers, cleared cache, cookies etc. Nothing helped. Once I downgraded(uninstall 2.5.x and install 2.4.13.0) we are unable to replicate the issue anymore so it clearly is something with the latest 2.5 version.

Is there something special you have to do for the 2.5 ESA version to work with SharePoint 2013? The installation wizard went just fine without any warnings and errors.

• ESET Staff

Hi,

I have talked with the development team about your problem. To be able to help you, we need you to create an official support ticket. Logs before and after the failed login will be required among other things to analyze the problem.

Are you able to create such ticket with the help of the reseller/partner?

regards

v.

Hi Vlad,

I actually did that twice before posting this topic. Now I did it 3rd time. See attached. I haven't got yet any notification, or service ticket number.

We bought the product directly from ESET. I can give you any logs you need to sort it out as the improvements in the 2.5 version are really nice, especially the Push notifications for Android. We could have a shared session to check the configuration and you can grab yourself than all the logs you might need, for example. Just contact me on my email maybe.

Thank you,

Regards,

Dawid

eset1.PNG

eset2.PNG

• ESET Staff

Our UK branch/office will receive your ticket and handle it properly, i.e. re-route it to HQ if necessary. They will also ask you for relevant inputs.

But I also personally reach out to UK office to notify them about your issue. And found your ticket (all three of them) in our system.

They will contact you about the next steps.

regards

v.