Jump to content

Device control


adamj
 Share

Recommended Posts

We are having an issue with Windows machines with ESET and seeing mobile devices, such as Andriod, Windows Mobile and iOS.

As far as I can see we have the device control disabled, however when any of the above are inserted into a computer with ESET installed the device driver keeps trying to install itself and the device can't be browsed.

 

We have done a trial whereby we have had the device installed on a new machine with no ESET ever installed and all was well.  We then installed ESET but disabled it and the issue occured so ESET is defiantly doing something odd - even when disabled.

Any ideas?

 

Thanks

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

Does it happen with Device control integration disabled? Note that after disabling it, it's necessary to restart the computer for the change to take effect.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It does, we have the "intergate into system" option under device control unchecked in our policy and the computers are picking this up correctly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

Please start Windows in safe mode and rename the drivers C:\Windows\System32\drivers\ehdrv.sys and eamonm.sys, one at a time. Let us know if renaming either driver makes a difference.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Hi

 

I am afraid to say this didn't work, we tried it on two machines neither of which could see the device.  Following this we also had to do a repair on the ESET installation as it seemed to corrupt it.

 

We are having this on more and more machines when we try to connect devices.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

Just to make sure that Device control is not loaded, run the following command with elevated rights and post the output:

"sc query edevmon"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...

We have that same issue whatever device we plug... USB HDD or pendrives.

 

Working on Windows 7: computer seems hanging, taskbar icon for removable devices displays there is "a device" but not its name, and windows explorer doesn't "see" the device.

 

It is not easy to diagnose. I haven't been able to get rules. But it is somewhat related to "Action when inserting external devices".

Device control is always disabled

 

- Worst behaviour: untick "Action when..." (which is my preferred option)  
         (windows registry: "AskForScanOfRemovableDevice"=0)
- Best behaviour: tick "Action when..." and select "Display scan options" (or whatever it be in English; "Mostrar opciones de análisis" in Spanish)
         (windows registry: "AskForScanOfRemovableDevice"=1)
         (windows registry: "AskForScanOfRemovableDeviceDefaultAction=2")

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...