When can we expect a major upgrade for ESET CS (Pro) Mac - like SSP v10?

• ESET Insiders

Hi to all Maccers,

As stated in the title. The Windows release of SSP v10 gives us all a perfect insight of what's missing in the latest version of ESET CSPro for Mac. :o
When may we expect such an (much needed) upgrade for the Mac? Thanks in advance for any heads up! 

Greetz

Edited by m4v3r1ck
added tags

• ESET Insiders
2 hours ago, Marcos said:

What features are you missing in ECS / ECSP for Mac?

Hi Marcos,

Thank you very much for your prompt reply. Compared to ESET SSP v10 the current ESET CSPro for the Mac is imho an outdated software product.

- GU Interface is old and ugly, it really needs a facelift to be much more coherent with ESSP v10 for Windows 10. MacOS Sierra has a nice interface and deserves a brand new and exciting looking ECSPro + missing features are:

- No Password Manager;

- No Home Network Protection;

- No Secure Data;

- No Anti-Theft;

- No Banking & Payment Protection;

- No Webcam Protection;

- No Email protection for IMAP(s);

- and so on for all the "under-the-hood" Advanced Setup features in ESSP v10.

Why not let Mac users experience the same wow-factor for their version of your ESET products?

I've read in some post IIRC that you have a 'new' release for the Mac for some issues available, have you made any changes for the above mentioned missing features and perhaps in the GUI? Is ESET planning for a brand new Mac version?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Greetz

Edited by m4v3r1ck
typo

• 2 weeks later...
  • ESET Insiders
On 18 December 2016 at 3:26 PM, Marcos said:

What features are you missing in ECS / ECSP for Mac?

Hi Marcos,

Any updates from your product development/management department? Really looking forward to a new release for the Mac!

All the best for 2017 for you and the ESET team?

Cheers

• Administrators

Not yet. The feast and holiday season ends tomorrow so please wait with an answer as to what v10 features are planned to be included in ECS/ECSP until next week.

As for the features, the number of threats for Mac as well as the number of ECS/ECSP users is far less than for Windows so obviously ECS/ECSP will likely always have less features than products for Windows. Needless to say that many things are feasible to do on Windows while they are difficult if not impossible to do on Mac.

• ESET Insiders

Hi Marcos,

Thanks for your prompt reply and I wish you and all members of the ESET Team a great 2017!

I'll just let ESET surprise me with the new (beta) ECSPro for Mac. Will a beta version also be submitted to the Insiders Program?

Greetz

Edited by m4v3r1ck
typo

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Marcos,

I agree that there may not be so many users of the mac version but at least the GUI should look more like the Windows version and small features like webcam protection, network protection and safe banking and payment features should be added after the GUI at least.

Thanks.