ekrn.exe memory check

Hi all,

Could anyone advise what their 'ekrn.exe' memory (private working set) sits at? Mine seems to be a higher over the last few weeks.. Mine is at 231MB~ 

Is that about the current average? Few months back always thought that it was run a lot lower..

Cheers.

• Most Valued Members

It would be helpful to know which version of Eset and which OS you are using.

On my Windows 7 sp1 x64 using Eset Internet Security v10.0.369.0  I find ekrn.exe using 43 to 47 mb of memory at idle, which pretty much where it stays.

ESS V9.0.408, Win7 Pro x64, with ~1350 firewall rules and ~2450 HIPS rules, ekrn.exe uses ~200 MB at the moment. After starting my PC it's ~160 MB, changing a bunch of HIPS rules (TXT chgs, ie. the description field) memory consumption may double (and not going down). The longer the PC is running the higher the memory consumption, ~800 MB after a few days, and not much going down. (But no problem, with 32 GB RAM...)

1 hour ago, SCR said:

It would be helpful to know which version of Eset and which OS you are using.

On my Windows 7 sp1 x64 using Eset Internet Security v10.0.369.0  I find ekrn.exe using 43 to 47 mb of memory at idle, which pretty much where it stays.

Sorry - should have mentioned that..
I'm using ESET Smart Security - Ver 9.0.408.0 /DB V14618
Windows 7 x64 @ 24GB memory.

39 minutes ago, mma64 said:

ESS V9.0.408, Win7 Pro x64, with ~1350 firewall rules and ~2450 HIPS rules, ekrn.exe uses ~200 MB at the moment. After starting my PC it's ~160 MB, changing a bunch of HIPS rules (TXT chgs, ie. the description field) memory consumption may double (and not going down). The longer the PC is running the higher the memory consumption, ~800 MB after a few days, and not much going down. (But no problem, with 32 GB RAM...)

Interesting read. I've found that it usually runs around around ~140mb then slowly creeps up to around 240mb~ after some time. I don't think I've seen it go past 250mb yet. It's not a massive deal as I've got 24GB RAM, it's just that I've noticed the change of performance.

• Most Valued Members

M34, 

If my memory is correct, always debatable, that's about what I remember v9.x using. That's been several months or more as I installed the beta EIS v10.x quite a while ago.

If memory is an issue for you then I suggest you look in to getting Eset v10.x . It's much easier on resources.