VSA and vShield failure

I had configured everything for ESET VSA for my VMware 5.5 environment running vShield 5.5.4.  It was all working but now I am receiving this error "a connection between the esx module and the vshield endpoint solution, ESET virtual security, failed". 

What I think has happened is that I configured vShield port group wrong and upon installing Endpoint on the same host as the vshield manager it caused it to stop working.  How can I correct this?  Do I need to back track and redeploy vshield?

vshield.JPG

Edited by RAZev

• Former ESET Employees

Hi Raz,

i think it would be the best solution to re-deploy vShield. Please make sure you uninstall it properly.

1, un-register all EVSAs

2, uninstall vShield endpoint via vShield Manager

3 delete and re-deploy vShield Manager and ESET products

On 12/16/2016 at 9:14 AM, Matus said:

Hi Raz,

i think it would be the best solution to re-deploy vShield. Please make sure you uninstall it properly.

1, un-register all EVSAs

2, uninstall vShield endpoint via vShield Manager

3 delete and re-deploy vShield Manager and ESET products

1,  un-register from the ESET ERA webconsole?

I think this is what he meant:

1. Log in console for each of the EVS Appliances and select "vShield registration" - "UNREGISTER"

2. Log in vShield Manager web interface, select each of the ESXi servers, and select Uninstall vShield Endpoint (in Summary tab) 

3. delete vShield Manager appliance, deploy everything again starting from vShield Manager.

and yeah you should also manually delete the deleted appliances in ERA.