Getting the right support is hard

WarwickHS

Hi, I am a New Zealander living in Thailand. Whenever I have a problem, I am directed to the ESET Thailand .....my problem is about ESET Thailand, so where do I turn to?

Specifically, the problem is that ESET Thailand does not accept any credit cards that are not from a Thai bank. You could be Bill Gates or the Sultan of Brunei and have the best credit card in the world with a million dollars credit, but they will not accept it.

I bought my ESET Nod32 in a local bookshop, registered it online and have been happy for a year. Now, come time to renew my license, ESET Thailand will not accept my online payment.

I went to ESET/intl, and that simply redirected my query back to Thailand, who replied confirming that no foreign credit cards can be accepted.

My questions:

1. Does ESET realise that their Thai agents are so restrictive? Non-Thai residents can not do ANY online commerce with ESET while in Thailand. We can not purchase a new product or renew the license of an existing product. ESET is losing sales and customers because of this restriction.

2. What can I do to renew my license online?

Thanks.

• Administrators

I have asked the appropriate person to look into it and respond. Unfortunately, I have no clue how the purchase in Thailand works.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Marcos. I'm keeping an eye on this forum, though it is taking a while, isn't it?

Meanwhile, my protection is not up-to-date and I'm considering purchasing another brand.

• 2 weeks later...
  • ESET Staff

If you want to perform a renewal, you could only renew the license in the country of purchase (Thailand).

However, when you want to do a new purchase, you can easily purchase the license for example from the New Zealand distributor at https://shop.eset.co.nz

We will inquire with Thai partner, about the credit card payment restrictions (it might be due to the local payment provider they use).

• Administrators

Below is a response I've received from the channel manager responsible for Thailand:

They offer other options such as bank transfer/ over the counter service for renewal, customer can contact the distributor at (+662) 683-5100 or send an email to best[at]activemedia.co.th for them to assist with the renewal. Besides credit card there are other payment options for customer from their e-store:

thailand_purchase_options.png

21 hours ago, MichalJ said:

If you want to perform a renewal, you could only renew the license in the country of purchase (Thailand).

However, when you want to do a new purchase, you can easily purchase the license for example from the New Zealand distributor at https://shop.eset.co.nz

We will inquire with Thai partner, about the credit card payment restrictions (it might be due to the local payment provider they use).

Thanks. That's what I'll probably do.