New Eset Cyber Security - Macbook pro and IMAC,both freezing (especially at shutdown)

I ordered two ESET Cyber security licenses for my 13" mac book pro, and my new IMAC (both 10.11.6). As soon as they were installed, I started to have issues on both of them where they wouldn't shut down correctly, and my browser would freeze.  

Both of macbook pro and IMAC had no issues before like this, so I was very disappointed as we have used ESET for many years on our windows PC's.

I just uninstalled the ESET on my IMAC with those issues, so I am most likely left with two ESET licenses I can't use.

I am hoping ESET will let me somehow convert them to use on my PC's.. or can I do that?  otherwise the money will go to waste.

• 2 weeks later...
  • ESET Moderators

Hello,

we have a release candidate version, which should fix the issue.

If you are interested in a private test please send me and TomasP a private message with a reference to this forum topic.

Regards, P.R.

Good evening......can you give me an ETA on when this next release that corrects these issues should become available? I've had to uninstall v.6.3.70.1 as its essentially rendering my macbook unusable. 

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

it depends on the feedback of the RC version so no promises.

Hopefully it will be available in the January as there is not much time left this year before the holiday season.

Regards, P.R.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I have Cyber Security Pro and my MacBook is pretty much unusable because of it. I have the latest version v6.3.70.1 and as soon as cyber security pro fires up upon startup of macOS 10.12.2, everything goes into a loop. it seems the startup of all other apps is pretty much stopped by ESET which itself stops working as well. I could not even uninstall it so I had to reinstall the whole OS. 

This is really bad quality control from ESET's side. And it is not the first time it has happened as well. In previous versions issues like no or slow internet (all of a sudden without any reason) and system instability. Every time I had to uninstall ESET and wait for the next version to be usable.

I had heard good things about ESET but I think those good things are only applicable to the Windows version.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Most Valued Members
On 04/12/2016 at 4:38 AM, mstoetz1 said:

I ordered two ESET Cyber security licenses for my 13" mac book pro, and my new IMAC (both 10.11.6). As soon as they were installed, I started to have issues on both of them where they wouldn't shut down correctly, and my browser would freeze.

Hi mstoetz1,

Sorry to hear about your issues with ESET Cyber Security.

If it is not too late, ESET has recently released version 6.4.128.0 (link to download) which may resolve the freezes for you with Cyber Security installed. Let us know how you go.