Activation failed. We could not reach the activation server ECP.20003

Zardoc

Hi,

Can't activate version 10. I uninstalled and reverted back to version 9 which works without issues.

I used uninstaller and removed version 9. Tried again to install with same issue.

So it's clear that their is a bug with version 10 for some machines.

What is ETA for fix?

Thanks.

post-1291-0-29737900-1480365598_thumb.png

• Administrators

Are you able to open https://edf.eset.com/edf in a browser? A small xml should appear. Do you connect directly to the Internet or through a proxy server? Is there a firewall that might possibly block the installer from reaching ESET's servers?

Are you able to open https://edf.eset.com/edf in a browser? A small xml should appear. Do you connect directly to the Internet or through a proxy server? Is there a firewall that might possibly block the installer from reaching ESET's servers?

Hi,

No server, no proxy. Version 9 installed flawless. Version 10, same message.

Yes. I have the same issue and I've find the problem and furthermore, it can't update the virus signature database either.

I installed "Proxifier" -- a proxy software which require installing its own module, thus modifying the winsocks setting. After reset winsocks setting, it works.

But this never happened on previous version, only on 10. So this's definitely a bug.

post-14761-0-78643900-1480984357_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, I had opened a ticket and waited for a decent reply from this website and never received it.

I have been an Eset user for many years (my website even has a NOD32 logo free of charge to Eset).

I must say that I have never been so disappointed with such a poor support system. No return on open ticket. Support mentioned more than a month ago that they were aware of the issue.

If that is what customer loyalty amounts to, then yes not having an antivirus on your computer won't make much of a difference.

What a great customer relation!! :angry: (yeah, it was a sarcasm)

you did get a decent response from this site and it has worked multiple times for me as well with failed activation's.

netsh winsock reset  then reboot the system.

try the activation again.  

On 2017-01-03 at 1:09 AM, tmuster2k said:

you did get a decent response from this site and it has worked multiple times for me as well with failed activation's.

netsh winsock reset  then reboot the system.

try the activation again.  

Thanks for the response tmuster2k, but netsh winsock reset is a workaround and affects network settings. Everyday users don't use windows commands to install their AV.

There needs to be a fix.

On 1/4/2017 at 4:30 AM, Zardoc said:

Thanks for the response tmuster2k, but netsh winsock reset is a workaround and affects network settings. Everyday users don't use windows commands to install their AV.

There needs to be a fix.

this issue from what I have seen is very isolated. I have tested Winsock reset for this issue multiple times and have not seen any negative affects. Ip settings are still intact. 

Actually, it does interfere with other utilities indeed requiring modifying Winsocket settings. It's nonsense an update module compels users to have an unmodified Winsocket setting, let alone the previous version didn't have such issue.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

The reason why Proxifier does not work with ESET is that by default ekrn runs as a protected service by default. The protected service prevents Proxifier from getting into ESET's Winsock stack. Currently the solution is disabling Protected service in the HIPS setup and restarting the computer.

• 3 months later...

Old thread, but I'm having the same problem, unfortunately the "netsh winsock reset" workaround does not work for me, as I (for some INFURIATING reason!) get an access is denied message when trying to do it, and apparently no one in the history of Windows 10 has ever had that problem before. I messaged ESET, but if there is no fix I am going back to Norton, that was working for me fine before and this whole ESET thing just made me (unless they offer me an easy fix) not ever want to bother with ESET again. Good thing I only have a two year subscription for 10 devices :|

• Administrators
4 hours ago, Wizard_Installer said:

Old thread, but I'm having the same problem, unfortunately the "netsh winsock reset" workaround does not work for me, as I (for some INFURIATING reason!) get an access is denied message when trying to do it, and apparently no one in the history of Windows 10 has ever had that problem before. I messaged ESET, but if there is no fix I am going back to Norton, that was working for me fine before and this whole ESET thing just made me (unless they offer me an easy fix) not ever want to bother with ESET again. Good thing I only have a two year subscription for 10 devices :|

Have you tried temporarily disabling protected service in the HIPS setup and restarting the computer?

Did you run "netsh winsock reset" as an administrator?

On 2017-01-18 at 2:21 AM, Marcos said:

Currently the solution is disabling Protected service in the HIPS setup and restarting the computer.

So when will the currently go away for a fully functional install?

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Zardoc said:

So when will the currently go away for a fully functional install?

V10 .1 installers already contain recent modules so it should work ok on Windows 8.1+ with 3rd party software registered as LSP.

13 hours ago, Marcos said:

V10 .1 installers already contain recent modules so it should work ok on Windows 8.1+ with 3rd party software registered as LSP.

Still had issues with V10 :(

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Still problem with Eset 10 IS and Proxifier.

At windows starts Eset take 20% of processors for 2-3 min.

Sometimes Chorme browser hang up for the same time for no reason.

The solution that helps is to turn off Eset Firewall module.....  but i dont want to do that way.

Eset pleas fix this problem

Thanks

• ESET Moderators

Hello Kris,

the issue is related probably to the Protected service feature.

Proxifier as LSP provider wants to get to our winsock stack but protected service denies it and therefore we have no connection.

Disabling the Protected service in the advanced setup, followed by system restart should enable you to activate your EIS.

Regards, P.R.

Hi 

Thanks for reply!

I dont have problem with activation but cpu/system hang ups.

Protected service not solved my problem :(  Only when i disable Eset Firewall 

Win10x64 / Proxifier / Eset IS v10

• ESET Moderators

Hello Kris,

I assumed that you have the same issue as reported in the original forum topic.

I would recommend you to start a new topic, please let us know if the issue persists if you uninstall the Proxifier temporarily.

Regards, P.R.

hmmmm it is not :(

After uninstall Proxifier still have cpu problem on startup (screenshot)

On system startup - after about 1-2 minute cpu problem disapeard ( and automaticly activate security functions in Eset Firewall)

Sometimes its happen on normal web browising 

eset.jpg

reset eset is to default settings fixed my problem..... but it hapend second time to me

I have set Interactive firewall and rest of settings are default