Jump to content

Can't Product Activation in XP SP3


sdnian
 Share

Go to solution Solved by TomasP,

Recommended Posts

I've some clients report XP SP3 can do product activation. Could someone check it? I try to activate, I got an error code: ECP.20006. Using IE to browse https://edf.eset.com/edfgot below error message:

 

post-990-0-93278100-1480061547_thumb.png

 

This XP SP3 has been install all patch in Windows Update. I could corfirm that it support TLS1.0. I try to run this command: curl https://edf.eset.com/edfin this XP, I got this response message:

 

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><ecp:message xmlns:ecp="hxxp://www.eset.co
m/2012/02/ecp"><ecp:response><code>20101003</code><message>Unsupported Content-t
ype: unknown</message></ecp:response></ecp:message>
 
So it should not DNS issue.
 
I also test it in Windows 7. It could do product activation. So it seems only XP has this problem.
 
Wireshark capture packets:
 
post-990-0-92342200-1480064507_thumb.png
Edited by sdnian
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I create a line '137.117.215.70 edf.eset.com' in c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts. Then do product activation again. It has been activated! I wonder the IP address 137.135.12.16 had some trouble.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • ESET Moderators

Hello,

We have identified the most probable cause of the issue and we are currently working on a fix.

As for the alternate IP, it is our backup server, so once the issue is resolved, please remove the entry from the hosts file, so that you connect to the main server again.

Thank you,

T.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...