Introduce yourself

dwomack

Thank you, rugk!

After some thought, I've decided to go with ESET v7.  :P

I installed it just few hours ago and it's working fine untill now.  :D

That's good to hear and if you have any problems or questions, you of course can ask them in this forum. We will try to help you as much as we can.

Enjoy (safer technology)!

Edited by rugk

• 3 weeks later...

How did you find the ESET Security Forum?

- From my friend. The truth is I,ve been using Eset for maybe 4-5 years, but never thing about joining the forum. So my friend tell me to join as we can get new BTS about Eset

What OS are you running?

- Windows 7 SP 1 64bit

What AV are you running?

- Eset Smart Security 7

What’s an interesting fact about you?

- I work with airlines, so sometimes we travel to different place. I always bring my laptop with me and with the wifi connection that i get in the hotel, you don't know what happen. So I rather stay safe with ESET.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Recently read a good review on ESET Nod32 anti-virus and decided to buy myself a copy. Ended up with ESET Smart Security instead.

Have been using Trend Micro Titanium on my old PC (Win7 x64) for several years now and hope no disappointments with this one.

Also hope to be able to learn new security tips and what can be done to remain safe on the Net.

Have a nice day, all.

Sorry, Mod...

Reading a bit more, I noticed that some folks are using a "template" for their posts. Thought I'd do the same:

How did you find the ESET Security Forum? Just bought myself ESS and decided to join the forum to learn more.

Why? This is the first time I am trying out an ESET product, so would like to find out how other folks are using it, their findings and reviews.

What OS are you running? Windows 7 x64

What AV are you running? Trend Micro Titanium

What’s an interesting fact about you? Recently retired and enjoying life....or what's left.

Hello @kllwk1,

welcome to ESET and to this forum. :)

For security tips I can strongly recommend you WeLiveSecurity.

And if you need support in the future you can of course ask us at this forum, but another great thing were you can look (before) is the ESET knowledgebase.

And of course there are even more things from ESET you may like. So just look a bit around (e.g. look at the signatures of some users).

Edited by rugk

• 1 month later...

I was reading some discussions & there I got the link to this forum ^_^

What OS are you running?

Windows 8.1 ^_^

What AV are you running?

Eset Smart Security 8x ^_^

I've been involved in breaking securities of servers & computers -_- When I was less than 18 & the knowledge & experienced I gained that time provides me a lot of benefits right now related to security related issues, within my community I'm having the safest laptop one can ever have.

Also my typing speed record is 116 words per minute :D

Hello Tani.  :)

Update 11-28-14: Thank you Arakasi-point well made.

Edited by TomFace

Good day Tani

Welcome to the forums.

While we don't talk or discuss, penetration testing, intrusions, hash, db, or any other forced de-encryption.... we love to discuss the basics of security and malware prevention.

For the most part discussions are about the software. The general section can be used to discuss anything you would like to talk about provided it meets the Terms. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all, I just found ESET today while looking for apps for my Android Galaxy S4 phone and Windows XP PC...

I am not very computer knowledgeable and would like to know if someone will kindly explain to me what a "root" is? How do I know if my phone has one?

Thank you ahead of time.

• ESET Moderators

Hi all, I just found ESET today while looking for apps for my Android Galaxy S4 phone and Windows XP PC...

I am not very computer knowledgeable and would like to know if someone will kindly explain to me what a "root" is? How do I know if my phone has one?

Thank you ahead of time.

Welcome CO GAL 59. As you probably noticed in regard to ESET and mobile devices, we don't support rooted devices. Check out Wikipedia for an explanation of what rooting a device does, and I would guess that if you're unfamiliar with it, your device probably isn't. 

hxxp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rooting_%28Android_OS%29

• 3 weeks later...

ESET upgrades:  

2014 vs 2015, is there a table showing the benefits of Eset 2015 vs Eset 2014?

Can I upgrade from NOD32 2014 to Smart Security 2015 for 3 users, or is the 2014 purchase wasted?

Jack Hobbs

ESET upgrades:  

2014 vs 2015, is there a table showing the benefits of Eset 2015 vs Eset 2014?

Can I upgrade from NOD32 2014 to Smart Security 2015 for 3 users, or is the 2014 purchase wasted?

Jack Hobbs

Yes you can upgrade to V8 (2015) for free if you have a valid license.

But you can NOT update NOD32 V7 (2014) to Smart Security V8 (2015) as they are different products and ESS is more expensive.

But if you have a NOD32 license then you updated from v7 to v8, no problem.

So, no, your 2014 license is not wasted, but be sure to updated the same product that you have so you don't try to update NOD32 v7 -> ESS v8 as that won't work.

Product upgrades is always free of charge for license holders. The product license is not tied to a specific product version e.g v7, but works on older and newer (yet to be released) versions as well.

Edited by SweX

Hi,

My name is paskal, I'm french and i like very much Eset products.

How did you find the ESET Security Forum?   google

What OS are you running? windows 8.1 64 bits

What AV are you running? Nod32 antivirus 8

What’s an interesting fact about you? I like computer (security), gaming and reading.

regards

Google.

What OS are you running?

Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows Preview (W10) and Ubuntu,

What AV are you running?

Kaspersky 2015

I`m still alive after 8 mini strokes and two major Brain surgery ops...

Another fact, Malware fighter at SpywareHammer, Malwarebytes.org, Tech Support Guy and Webuser. (same screen name)

• 2 weeks later...

Amazon sells Eset 2014 products at a lower price than the 2015 versions.  

Since it apparently costs nothing to upgrade from 2014 to 2015 versions, is there any reason for me to pay the higher price for 2015 versions?

The thread where you're asking this is still completely unfitting (it would be better to open a new thread next time), but to answer your question:

is there any reason for me to pay the higher price for 2015 versions?

No. :D

You should even be able to directly install the 2015er (v8) version - even if you buy the 2014er version. If you get a license key (instead of a username/password), which is expectable when you buy it in as a physical box, you can even just activate the license online and download the newest version of the ESET product you chose.

However it can even work if you activate the license key in ESS v8 directly. Just choose the right option in this screen:

post-3952-0-57821600-1417276306_thumb.png

Hello and welcome paskal and kevinf80 (fyi-I know all about TIAs). Glad you are here.

Sorry for my tardy welcome-I just got the e-mail notification that there was a new posting :huh: .