Introduce yourself

dwomack

Thanks SweX,

I still have gotten no response from Trojan hunter, so I'm deleting the entire program from my pc and have been looking at this program called Trojan Remover that I can d/l from the MajorGeeks site.  It looks like it could be a good one.  It's just such a shame that the tech support for Trojan hunter has gone down to pretty much non existent.  A year ago I told my sister to d/l it because it was so good, so she paid for it but was having problems getting it going, she tried to contact them numerous times, but was never responded to.  She lost her money and I blame myself.  Trojan Hunter is there for the money only, then you no longer are important.  How horrible for anyone else that is steered towards them :(.  Which is just another reason why I value ESET so much.  Hard lesson learned for me I guess.

Hello Everyone ,

My name is Marry Smith belongs from Manhattan, New York. Actually I joined this preticious Forum site just to share my issues or suggestions related to Softwares, Malware , Internet Security or Antivirus etc. I used to travel due to my business purpose.Currently I am working in Tech Support Organisation.

Thanks to be a new member of forum.eset.com website.

Thanks SweX,

I still have gotten no response from Trojan hunter, so I'm deleting the entire program from my pc and have been looking at this program called Trojan Remover that I can d/l from the MajorGeeks site.  It looks like it could be a good one.  It's just such a shame that the tech support for Trojan hunter has gone down to pretty much non existent.  A year ago I told my sister to d/l it because it was so good, so she paid for it but was having problems getting it going, she tried to contact them numerous times, but was never responded to.  She lost her money and I blame myself.  Trojan Hunter is there for the money only, then you no longer are important.  How horrible for anyone else that is steered towards them :(.  Which is just another reason why I value ESET so much.  Hard lesson learned for me I guess.

Hi,

I have never heard of Trojan Remover before so I can't recommend it or comment on how good/bad it might be. My suggestion for a second opinion scanner is still Malwarebytes as I know how it works, and how effective it can be. 

SweX, not sure how you wrote in the same box to me, but it's pretty neat.  I need to learn more around here :).  I will check Malwarebytes, and thank you. Right now I've stressed way to much over this last program, so after I deleted it from my pc, I just added the media coverage from ESET, and for now am going to try and keep away from the pc for awhile.  But at least I now have a place to start with Malwarebytes when I start again :) .

SweX, not sure how you wrote in the same box to me, but it's pretty neat.  I need to learn more around here :).  I will check Malwarebytes, and thank you. Right now I've stressed way to much over this last program, so after I deleted it from my pc, I just added the media coverage from ESET, and for now am going to try and keep away from the pc for awhile.  But at least I now have a place to start with Malwarebytes when I start again :) .

Ahh that's the "Quote" function :), if you want to quote someone then press the Quote button and then add your own message under or over the quote window, that way it is easier to know what member you responded too, @Kathyhl works as well of course. ;)

OK sounds like a plan, if you have questions about Malwarebytes then you can always start a new topic in the "General" forum section and we'll do our best to answer them.

Ahh that's the "Quote" function :), if you want to quote someone then press the Quote button and then add your own message under or over the quote window, that way it is easier to know what member you responded too, @Kathyhl works as well of course. ;)

OK sounds like a plan, if you have questions about Malwarebytes then you can always start a new topic in the "General" forum section and we'll do our best to answer them.

Thank you all for all your help!!

Hi all,

You can call me blankslate.

How did you find the ESET Security Forum? - I came here seeing if I could gain some insight and find answers I was not finding in the KB.

What OS are you running? - I have a win 7 Pro x64 laptop. My wife has a (currently infected) win 7 Ultimate x32 laptop. We have a couple of old XP SP3's that we will do something with someday, and 3 Android Jellybeans (2 of which are Samsung flavored.)

What AV are you running? - ESET SmartSecurity 7.0.302.26 on the win 7's, supported by Malwarebytes and SuperAntiSpyware (the SAS I use mostly for the cookie crumbs, I guess). The XP's are on Avast with Malwarebytes and SAS. 2 Androids are on Avast Mobile with Malwarebytes Mobile, one is using ESET Mobile with Malwarebytes Mobile (I think.)

What’s an interesting fact about you? - I was a win2000 MVP back in the old days but have not kept up. I work with words for a living. I am originally from Colorado, USA but I am living in Hanoi, VN now.

Pleased to know you!

Hello Werner, blankslate, kathyhl and marry_smith. Glad you all joined us. Sorry for my tardiness, I've been away. :rolleyes:

Edited by TomFace

Hello Werner, blankslate, kathyhl and marry_smith. Glad you all joined us. Sorry for my tardiness, I've been away. :rolleyes:

Thank you TomFace :) .

• Most Valued Members

Hello, I'm planet.  :)

Been interested in computers & tech, operating system and application interfaces and their possibilities. As a kid used to tinker with settings and discover new features within Windows, Mac OS, etc. and now love testing any user interface, thinking about user experience. Currently a designer, and front-end web developer, and am continuing to create and design user interfaces, websites and applications in my spare time.

Part of the above includes security software, so not only did I want to find a security solution that provided awesome protection, but a lovely and useful user interface as well. After trying others for a while, I eventually settled with ESET. The best protection that I've seen with a great user interface that gives the right balance between something too bland and complicated, and something too overly designed and limited. I can feel rest assured with you on the Macs, PCs and Smartphone.

Hello Planet,

Welcome to the forums; Thank you for signing up.

We can always use more ideas, feedback, and friendly people around here.

Thank you for your feedback on Cyber Security and your reporting.

Just some friendly conversation for you...

Do you use any software to assist with your web dev ?

Are you versed in .NET or do you like php, action script, html etc ?

I like that you are interested in GUI, that was the main portion that started my programming endeavors !

When my company builds web interfaces for people we use DW and WP.

When i worked at Citibank we were some hard core SQL and .NET builders for our back-end infrastructure.

Reach out to me if/when you get some free time via PM or here. :)

Again welcome Planet !

• Most Valued Members

Hello Planet, Welcome to the forums; Thank you for signing up.

We can always use more ideas, feedback, and friendly people around here.

Thank you Arakasi, much appreciated.  :)

One PM is heading your way.

Hello, everyone, my name Ismet from Jakarta Java Island, I'm new in ESET and decide to joining ESET forum..

to learn more about ESET...and I'm glad to see you all here. and hope you will welcome me too.. :D 

Edited by ismethere

Welcome ismethere.  :D

Java Island.....I hope it's not mandatory to have Java installed there :rolleyes:  :P

Edited by SweX

• 2 weeks later...

How did you find the ESET Security Forum?

Google also various discussion threads at Bleeping Computer.

What OS are you running?

Windows 8 Pro, 64-bit

What AV are you running?

ESET Smart Security. Thank you very much for ESET's offer for Bleeping Computer Staffs.

What’s an interesting fact about you?

Umm...I am a bot. :P  I love malware analysis. I graduated from GeekU and currently offer support in multiple forums such as GeeksToGo, Bleeping Computer et cetera. Currently learning coding to get more in depth knowledge on Malware Analysis.

Great to meet you all. Thanks.

Edited by Valinorum

Welcome Valinorum!  :D

Sounds like you're not really new in the game against malware etc.. and got some useful knowledge about a thing or two  ;)

How did you find the ESET Security Forum? A friend from Wilders Security Forums suggested I sign-up here.

Why? Because I recently bought Perfect Photo Suite from OnOne Software and it does not work. Their tech says it is because I have ESET Security Suite 7 running and that many of their other customers have started to have the same problem recently. I hope to get some help here.

What OS are you running? Windows 7

What AV are you running? ESET Security Suite 7

What’s an interesting fact about you? I do private research about nuclear plants (reading news articles from all over the world) and as a result I get different viruses. The triple meltdown in Fukushima really sparked this interest for me. I had Kaspersky Internet Security about 4 months ago but noticed some virus like activity being allowed to happen so I tried ESET Security Suite 7 and I have not noticed any virus like activity since. I was happy until I recently bought the software program Perfect Photo Suite from OnOne Software and found out that I can't run it because of my ESET Security Suite 7. I like ESET too much to uninstall it but I also want to run the photo management program I bought from OnOne.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all

Im Dawnyc

Im running windows 7

Im after some help or do I need to wait until tomorrow and call Eset?

Hello and welcome Dawmyc-go ahead and post your question I am sure someone will be able to help you! ;)

And hello Brian815 and Valinorum-glad you joined us. :)

Edited by TomFace

• 1 month later...

- How did you find the ESET Security Forum?

- Well, I wanted to know more about ESET, so I visited ESET official website, that's when I found out about this forum.

- What OS are you running?

- Currently I'm using Windows 7 for my laptop and Windows XP for my desktop.

- What AV are you running?

- I'm using ESET Smart Security 4 for both laptop and desktop.

- What’s an interesting fact about you?

- I'm a sailor, that means I don't have internet connection often. That's the reason why whenever I know any antiviruses become relying more to something they call "Cloud". Those antiviruses have places in my own blacklist.

Edited by klv12gcn

Hello, TomFace.

Maybe in the future I will do it.

Sometime I think of upgrading to newer version, but ESET 4 is still working fine for me. It never miss once and I love it.

I'm kind of conservative, I don't like to change while it's working perfectly fine now.

Hello, @klv12gcn

it's good to hear that ESS is working find for you, but you should know that many things were improved in the newer versions, like an Explot Blocker, Advanced Memory Scanner, and Botnet blocker (in ESS Beta 8) and ESET LiveGrid.

And yes ESET LiveGrid is a cloud service, but ESET software can 100% work without it. So ESET don't rely on it only, but ESET LiveGrid can speed-up scans and it also is useful for the treat researchers, because ESET LiveGrid reports suspicious files to ESET and so the threat researchers from ESET can faster detect new malware.

More about ESET LiveGrid and other useful technology's of the ESET software you can read here: hxxp://www.eset.com/int/about/technology/

And I'm quite sure that ESS v 7 is working perfectly (if not better) then v 4. And I have to add that ESET also isn't a company that made huge (unnecessary) changes to the GUI, so you also won't have any problem in using the new version.

You 'll love the version 7, too! :)