Introduce yourself

dwomack

• 2 weeks later...
  • ESET Insiders

Hi all,

I've returned to Eset after first buying Nod32 back in the version 2.7 days. I changed to a well known Russian solution for a few years whilst dabbling with Eset products from time to time. The Russian product caused me serious grief twice this year so I'm back to the old favourite but in the form of ESS which I just bought a 3 year licence for. Loving the lightness and speed of ESS.

• How did you find the ESET Security Forum? - From Wilders Security Forum
  • What OS are you running? - Windows 7 (I have a licence for Windows 8 Pro, waiting for the .1 update)
  • What AV are you running? - I was running KIS 2014 (and KIS for about 5 years) until yesterday, ESS is protecting my PC now and for at least 3 years.
  • What’s an interesting fact about you? - I bought my first Eset licence for Nod32 version 2 from (former?) Wilders Security Forums moderator and Eset reseller Blackspear.

Cheers,

Travis

Edited by TJP

Hi all,

I've returned to Eset after first buying Nod32 from Blackspear (Wilders security forum moderator) back in the version 2.7 days. I changed to a well known Russian solution for a few years whilst dabbling with Eset products from time to time. The Russian product caused me serious grief twice this year so I'm back to the old favourite but in the form of ESS which I just bought a 3 year licence for. Loving the lightness and speed of ESS.

Cheers,

Travis

HelloTJP.

It is  nice to see you back to Eset. I haven't been with Eset as long as you. I first started to flirt, with Eset with version 4, and have been a steady subscriber since version 5. Have heard a lot of positive statements about version 2.7 (which is no longer supported). Anyway it is nice to have another power user on board. So from me to you a kudos, to boost your takeoff.

Regards, Janus :-))

Hi all,

I've returned to Eset after first buying Nod32 from Blackspear (Wilders security forum moderator) back in the version 2.7 days. I changed to a well known Russian solution for a few years whilst dabbling with Eset products from time to time. The Russian product caused me serious grief twice this year so I'm back to the old favourite but in the form of ESS which I just bought a 3 year licence for. Loving the lightness and speed of ESS.

Cheers,

Travis

Welcome back TJP (aka Travis)! Looking forward to reading your posts as I am sure you have much to contribute. B)

Edited by TomFace

Hello

OK, it's time to introduce myself.

How did you find the ESET Security Forum? I was on Wilders security forum before. Found the old forum trough ESET support page

What OS are you running? Windows 7 on my workstation, also supporting more than 700 clients on Windows XP, Vista, Seven and Eight, also bunch of  Windows servers, including some Windows 2000

What AV are you running? ESET Endpoint Antivirus at work, MS Security Essentials and Avast Free at home

What’s an interesting fact about you? My first computer was self made ZX Spectrum clone (beginning of 1990-ies there was ZX Spectrum clones boom in exUSSR). On Windows since 1995.

Hey Karlisi, nice to see that you  have found the way to Eset support forum.It is really nice to have you here. And it is also very nice, to see that more and more  " Wilders" finds the way to this place.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello ESET people and users,

I am an information systems consultant in the Caribbean. Our consultancy helps clients to make the best use of their systems to make business activities more profitable and more efficient. Sometimes we advise on getting more out of existing infrastructure; sometime we support businesses to make a change or upgrade their ERP or other business information tools. We use ESET in our small company because it is unobtrusive and easy to use. I also recommend ESET where my clients have a need for anti-virus protection.

you can learn more about our context at www.connectconsulting.co, if you're curious.

cpagee

Hello,

My Name is Fred, I am French.

I dont speak English very well but i can get help with a translator.

I know,....it is not very cool but i would really like to be a member...

Please, tell me if i can continue to post ?

regards

Fred

Bonjour Fred...

You are very welcome, so just start,.... do the jump..., and we will all do our best to help and guide if needed.

Welcome Fred. 

No problem at all. The more you read and write English the better you will get. Several members in here including me, don't have English as our first language and we're doing just fine I think.  :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hello and welcome karlisi, cpagee, fred and turgenjev1-glad all of you joined us :). Looking forward to your postings. Sorry for my tardiness-been busy :rolleyes: but I see Arakasi, Janus and SweX were johnny-on-the-spot! :D

Edited by TomFace

Hello, first time ESET user. Just joined to introduce myself and see if I can find out any tips or tricks of the trade on how to setup and use this software

So far, I like what I see....although the initial first scan took some time to complete. Other than that....I like it.

Hello, first time ESET user. Just joined to introduce myself and see if I can find out any tips or tricks of the trade on how to setup and use this software

So far, I like what I see....although the initial first scan took some time to complete. Other than that....I like it.

Bassfisher6522, have no fear, future consecutive scans should be a little quicker :)

Welcome bassfisher6522-like Arakasi said subs should be a bit faster. I think you'll be pleased with ESET and the support that comes with it, not to mention this forum. :P

Got questions? Just ask away....

Edited by TomFace

Hello everyone,This is my third yearly install of your antivirus.I have never had any problems of any kind.There used to be a link where you you set it up a certain way.Does this link still exist?By the way this is on a Win7 machine with SP1.

Edited by clydeman

• Former ESET Employees

Hello everyone,This is my third yearly install of your antivirus.I have never had any problems of any kind.There used to be a link where you you set it up a certain way.Does this link still exist?

Hi@clydeman there are many possible ways to customize or set up ESET NOD32 Antivirus. Do you remember anything specific you were trying to set it up for?