Introduce yourself

dwomack

Hi,

I'm a system engineer from Zagreb, Croatia. I work mostly with networks (Cisco). In my free time, I've developed a website for studying CCNA:

Study CCNA

I'm using NOD32 and I'm looking forward contributing to this forum.

Edited by david_brent

Hello, my name is Michael.

I joined the Wilders Security Forum initially and then discovered this new one from there.

My main computer is a Macbook Pro and I'm running the latest version of OS X.

Yesterday I installed the trial of ESET Cyber Security Pro for Mac. I have to say I'm very impressed with it.

I'm a graphic designer and worked in the field of typography and publishing.

Edited by mjcaldwellhaggar

Hello and welcome Michael, David, hayc59, LilBambi and Senzorei!

Sorry for my tardiness in saying Howdy. :rolleyes:

Edited by TomFace

OK, Dwomack, I'll share.

How did I find the Eset Security Forum?  Well, mostly because it was 'advertised' so hard on its' Wilders Security forum space! I figured that ESET decided to go it alone. As a long time ESET user, I moved and registered my self here. I am still stumbling around here at ESF, but, I'll figure it all out in time.

What OS am I using?  I am still using WinXPpro SP3. Yes, do have and will upgrade to Win7pro/64bit in due time (another project!). Prior to XP, I used Win 2000 SP4 to its' total demise. What heartbreak that caused. My Windows history goes back to Win 3.1 and MS-DOS 2.0.  I do not program. During my career with Xerox, I met many very sharp programmers, and, decided I was much better on the hdw side of the equation.

What AV am I using?  Only ESET since about late 2006. I started at v2-something. Then I read a tutorial by BlackSpear that helped me install the first 'busness' version of V2 on my new (used) server; and old ServerWorks Intel STL2 with a pair of P3-1000 tualatin/Copperming cpus. But, it had a 5x 18GB SCSI2 caged RAID module! Wow! smokin'. That server served me (getting vdef files from ESET) until ESET put V2 to bed. Sad. I've tried V5bus, V6bus, and Endpoint-bus, but can not get the sw to create, manage, update a 'mirror' area, and service my LAN clients. Maybe later, I'll try again. For now, I run v5 Endpoint, and am testing V6.314 sw on a 'test' machine. It works completely solid. Thank you ESET. My current license runs to 2015; at which time I plan to renew for another 3yr block. I am a chroic ESET fanatic! And, I've tried them all. I even got my older brother and younger sister to join ESET! A family coup!

As Dwomack mentioned, I might be another 'tired' musician. I started with a tenor trombone in 7th grade (Jr High School in North Carolina). Once I metriculated to High School, 'Good Ole' Ed Bensen' suggested I should try Bass Trombone. OK. It stuck, 4 years of High School, 3 years of the Asheville Symphony, and 1 year of East Carolina University, I was done with Music Education study. Dropped out of school, joined the USArmy and got taught all manner of high-energy electronics (RADAR). All that learning lead to a 33 year career with Xerox Corp working on their hi-speed computer printing systems. Bought a Bass Guitar in 1970, a Gibson EB3, and just gave it to my nephew for his HS graduation! So, my music is now listen to web-radio, or, my 35 year old vinyl collection (another story!). Been in and out of the 'stereo wars.' Xerox ended with a layoff in 2002. I retired in 2003. Just now at 65 I maintain my home LAN and cut the grass at my paid off home in the Peach State. ESET keeps me clean. I like that.

Do so hope this informs,

Duncan

Edited by cosmo32

Duncan,

Repaying your kudos back, but with good reason.

A very warm introduction of yourself; i enjoyed the read.

Welcome to the forums, and with all being said; i would like to add that i'm glad you're still "listening to music" as it is my belief , as a musician myself, it never really leaves someone once it has touched their soul.

Hope to see more of you around. Enjoy the holidays !!

Nice story Duncan! I will try to remember to post my story here in about 40 years when I have had my life experiences(hopefully)  :D

Edited by SweX

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

Right now additional emoticons are low on the priority list as this is primarily a product support forum and less of a general discussions type forum.

That said, we might add some in the future, but don't expect anything very soon.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Hello and welcome Michael, David, hayc59, Senzorei and Duncan!  :)

Need more emoticons ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

I figured I may as well introduce myself here...

How did you find the ESET Security Forum? I think it was via wildersecurity but many Google searches for information have led me here

What OS are you running? Windows 7

What AV are you running? ESET Smart Security 6 @ home, NOD32 6 and M$ Forefront at work

What’s an interesting fact about you? I'm a security (malware) analyst with a large oil company that uses NOD32 daily to deal with threats.  

I've found ESET to perform extremely well in my comparison testing, has a responsive signature update and to be the most likely to find the Malware when I run it through virustotal's multi-engine assessment. I signed onto the forum here today and hope I can share my experience with any who can benefit in regards to remediation of the threats.  

Edited by Cthulhu

Hey Cthulhu !

You are most welcome here, thanks for signing up ! ;)

Look forward to hearing some of your experiences and methods for trials and tribulations.

We all hate malware here so im sure you will fit right in ha.

Hello to all, I'm not a regular contributor because if my computer is going well I rarely have much else to talk about. 

I have to mention I also learned about this forum over at Wilders. :wub:

Hello ESET forum and i hope everyone is well.

My name is darren and i have been using ESET smart security 6 for just 2 days and im extremely impressed with the product.

This is a product i intend to buy as i have been using free software before.

Eset has earned my respect and congratulations to the developers of eset for making a program which has been the lightest i have used in a long time.

Regards. :)

Hello to all, I'm not a regular contributor because if my computer is going well I rarely have much else to talk about. 

Welcome welcome. :D  Tell me one thing that one doesn't learn over at Wilders  :wub:

Welcome welcome. :D  Tell me one thing that one doesn't learn over at Wilders  :wub:

Thanks for the welcome SweX. It was at Wilders I got my first introduction to Eset. There was a software giving of different security products. I won a prize of Eset anti-virus. I then took out a 2 or 3 year subscription of my own. I think I then reverted to freebies. That must be 10 or more years ago. The product has very much improved since then.

Thanks for the welcome SweX. It was at Wilders I got my first introduction to Eset. There was a software giving of different security products. I won a prize of Eset anti-virus. I then took out a 2 or 3 year subscription of my own. I think I then reverted to freebies. That must be 10 or more years ago. The product has very much improved since then.

Yes Wilders was a good home for ESET and it's users, but this ain't bad either  :D