Introduce yourself

dwomack

Hello Everyone!

My organization is new to ESET. We have been using SEPM for years and decided it was time for a change. You will have to forgive me for some possible silly questions as we work through our initial setup.

Hello Everyone!

My organization is new to ESET. We have been using SEPM for years and decided it was time for a change. You will have to forgive me for some possible silly questions as we work through our initial setup.

Welcome to the forum mcarlin. :)

Welcome to my world of ignorance. I am sure members here are boffins and I am in deep waters by comparison.

63 year old, Disability Pensioner and can connect with the world fine till I try doing some PC scan clean up in ESET security.

So! I upgraded from 7 to 10 Pro 32 Bit on my generic Desktop. NBN connected.

Use Super-Anti-Spyware Pro, C/Cleaner (free) and Eset Pro.

Don't do gaming, 90% social media 10% bureaucracy. Based in Coffs Harbour NSW Australia.

Welcome to my world of ignorance. I am sure members here are boffins and I am in deep waters by comparison.

63 year old, Disability Pensioner and can connect with the world fine till I try doing some PC scan clean up in ESET security.

So! I upgraded from 7 to 10 Pro 32 Bit on my generic Desktop. NBN connected.

Use Super-Anti-Spyware Pro, C/Cleaner (free) and Eset Pro.

Don't do gaming, 90% social media 10% bureaucracy. Based in Coffs Harbour NSW Australia.

Hello Jerry and welcome. There are all kinds of different folks here, all different knowledge/experience levels and I am sure you'll be fine! :)

We are glad you have joined us. ;) 

hai, i've some questions, when i smart scan, i found error opening in log with orange font, could you tell me what exactly is that?, please reply !

• Former ESET Employees

hai, i've some questions, when i smart scan, i found error opening in log with orange font, could you tell me what exactly is that?, please reply !

Please create a thread for it in the forum that fits the ESET product you're using and we'll help you there. Thanks for joining us!

Hi All,

Maple Lane is a horse trailer retailer for 11 years- have used ESET products for 4 years now, after having many issues with other top brands. We have enjoyed the products ESEt offers. Looking to learn more from the Forum providers and have a few questions answered once a moderator approves participation.

We are Windows 7 and 10 users...desktops and laptops mixed. We run website, accounting, email and word processing  software, with social media apps as well. Typical small business...no IT person on board, so need to learn for ourselves about networking computers and keeping them safe.  ESET covers all our programs and computers/laptops.

Looking forward to the learning on how to have ESET programs work compatibly alongside other software!

Maple Lane

Hi .

i'm Parham from Iran :)

hope some friends here and learn something together :)

Regards,

Parham

Hello Parham and welcome ;) . Hope you find the forum helpful and useful.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, i'm derren from the UK

hope everyone is safe and well? i am a pc and console gamer also into a bit of pc building/diy upgrading, who needs help but i shall post that in the correct forum :D

take care and keep safe

dK

• 1 month later...

Hey people ;) 

I'm from the Netherlands and i've been using eset products both private and professionally for a couple of years now :) 

" How did you find the ESET Security Forum? "

Went looking for it after browsing around at other boards :) 

"What OS are you running?"

My desktops at home and work and my laptop are all running windows 10 pro

"What AV are you running?"

All my setups are running eset SS v10 ;) 

"What’s an interesting fact about you?"

Let me think about that one... ;) 

Hello,

I am Void and I am running on Windows 7.

I love computers. Mastered BASIC,C and currently learning C++. I am testing ESS7 on my laptop while my desktop computer is running ESS6.

I spend my spare time developing cheats for make animation by Adobe Flash. I was a beta-tester for several games on Internet like Fantasy Rivals. I love reading virus descriptions on ESET Virus Radar website :)

Hello,

I am Void and I am running on Windows 7.

I love computers. Mastered BASIC,C and currently learning C++. I am testing ESS7 on my laptop while my desktop computer is running ESS6.

I spend my spare time developing cheats for make animation by Adobe Flash. I was a beta-tester for several games on Internet like Fantasy Rivals. I love reading virus descriptions on ESET Virus Radar website :)

Welcome to the forum. Why are you running ESS 6 & 7? Why not 8 or 9 (as 10 is about to come out). I'm just being nosy....

Edited by TomFace

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys!

I am newbie at this forum and I want to say hello to all of members. I love discovering and travelling. Sometimes, I can spend all day to do somethings crazy. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm ggPRO, I'm old, and easily confused, and my computer guy said I should ditch all other security sites and use ESET.  Thus, here I am.  I edit speech recognition for a living, in medical field.  Eh, whatever. 

WIN 7, still hoping a few years with 7 left so any unhappiness with 10 will be worked out.

Trying to finish setting up ESET on 2 computers, 2 smartphones.

So I signed up for multi device.  When I go to download it, it asks me to choose from 3 different ESET products, none of which is called multi device download.  ???  Now what?  No idea what I paid for already, except it was called Multi Device for home and small business.  Looks outstanding.  I am truly handicapped -- mentally handicapped!  Ah, to be 12 again, at least in my brain.  Now, too much white matter loss or something. 

I would very much like to get ESET up and running so I can secure my computers which now are not being used until I get ESET running.  (sigh). :wacko:

could someone please tell me how to determine WHICH of these choices includes Multi Device for home and business?  THANK YOU (the 3 listed are:  ESET NOD32; ESET Internet Security; ESET Smart Security) :huh::(:blink:

Interesting fact about me?   Hmm  Well, everyday I am humbled by how little I know, how little I need to know, and how to find time to pursue answers to what I would like to know.  I don't see how I can possibly retire from computers as our lives revolve around them, so I may as well keep getting benefits and a paycheck working with them.  I enjoy the English language, grammar, proofing, editing.  Yep, I'm in the right job I think.  Did you know?  Doctors use words based on Latin and Greek, and if you break down those 5 and 6 syllable words, you can determine what they're talking about!  So now I'm just babbling waiting for my post to be approved and then answered.  Hopefully, I will be able to find the answer once it is posted.  :rolleyes:

• ESET Moderators

I'm ggPRO, I'm old, and easily confused, and my computer guy said I should ditch all other security sites and use ESET.  Thus, here I am.  I edit speech recognition for a living, in medical field.  Eh, whatever. 

WIN 7, still hoping a few years with 7 left so any unhappiness with 10 will be worked out.

Trying to finish setting up ESET on 2 computers, 2 smartphones.

So I signed up for multi device.  When I go to download it, it asks me to choose from 3 different ESET products, none of which is called multi device download.  ???  Now what?  No idea what I paid for already, except it was called Multi Device for home and small business.  Looks outstanding.  I am truly handicapped -- mentally handicapped!  Ah, to be 12 again, at least in my brain.  Now, too much white matter loss or something. 

I would very much like to get ESET up and running so I can secure my computers which now are not being used until I get ESET running.  (sigh). :wacko:

could someone please tell me how to determine WHICH of these choices includes Multi Device for home and business?  THANK YOU (the 3 listed are:  ESET NOD32; ESET Internet Security; ESET Smart Security) :huh::(:blink:

Hi ggPRO, Multi-Device Pack means that you CHOOSE which products you want to install, for your scenario, you would choose any two home products depending on which features you want and the computer you're installing to, and the mobile product for your device. 

All is explained here if you want to read it hxxp://support.eset.com/kb3465/, but the instructions to get you going (once you know which products you want), are here hxxp://support.eset.com/kb3465/#online

To see a comparison of the Windows products (if you have macOS, you would choose the Mac products), see hxxp://support.eset.com/kb3753/