Introduce yourself

dwomack

hello

i m jerome from france, i want use email security solution and i have few question before buy licence

Hello and welcome Jerome. Glad you're here :) -lots of knowledgeable folks here who can answer your questions.

Greetings from conceptualclarity.

I have had ESET Smart Security 9.0.375.0 installed since the Sunday night before last, technically April 4.

i found the forum from the backside of the case for my ESET disk.

I am a published author.

I would call myself an intermediate-level computer user. My start with ESET  has been rocky. I'll be dealing with that elsewhere on the forum.

Computer:      DELL Dimension 2400
CPU:           Intel Pentium 4-2667 (Northwood, D1)
               2666 MHz (20.00x133.3) @ 2658 MHz (20.00x132.9)
Motherboard:   DELL 0G1548
Chipset:       Intel 845GEV (Brookdale-GEV) + ICH4
Memory:        2048 MBytes @ 166 MHz, 2.5-3-3-7
               - 1024 MB PC3200 DDR-SDRAM - Kingston K
               - 1024 MB PC3200 DDR-SDRAM - Kingston K
Graphics:      Intel 82845G/GL/GV Graphics Controller [DELL]
               Intel i845G(L) Integrated, 64 MB 
Drive:         WL120GPA872, 117.2 GB, E-IDE (ATA-7)
Drive:         HGST HTS545050A7E380, 488.4 GB, Serial ATA 3Gb/s <-> USB
Drive:         SAMSUNG CD-R/RW SW-252S, CD-R Writer
Sound:         Creative Technology SB Live! Series Audio Processor
Network:       RealTek Semiconductor RTL8139 PCI Fast Ethernet NIC [A/B/C]
Network:       Broadcom 4401 10/100 Integrated Controller
Antivirus:           ESET Smart Security 9.0.375.0
Firewall:            ESET Smart Security 9.0.375.0
Default Browser:     Maxthon

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings,

I'm a Windows 10 insider for a few years now running the latest build of Windows 10 Pro x64

My current AV configuration consists of:

1>VooDoo Shield v.3.10 Beta

2>ESET NOD32 10.0.106.0 Beta

I am a veteran Gamer who has 20yrs gaming experience and have tested many games over the years for many publishers.

A few years back I became interested in Security software Beta Programs and have tested for a few good ones in both closed and open Beta's.

This is my first beta for ESET as I have been gone from ESET for many years (since version 3 or 4)

I am glad to be here and look forward to being a part of this Awesome community.

PeAcE

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

New to ESET form, my name is Ben. I am a Network Consultant for a small I.T company in South Africa.

We Support mostly everything from a-z but unfortunately I do not know everything from a-z so this is why

I decided to join this community.  ^_^

I am very excited to get to know you all!  :D

I just have a question about ESET File Security.

I have a server that runs Windows Small Business Server 2011 Essentials.

I am unable to find a download link for this specific server, it almost seems like there is no version available for this server.

hxxp://www.eset.com/...offline,179,,,,

Am I perhaps missing something?

Kind Regards,

Ben.

Edited by Ben87

• ESET Moderators

Hi Guys,

New to ESET form, my name is Ben. I am a Network Consultant for a small I.T company in South Africa.

We Support mostly everything from a-z but unfortunately I do not know everything from a-z so this is why

I decided to join this community.  ^_^

I am very excited to get to know you all!  :D

I just have a question about ESET File Security.

I have a server that runs Windows Small Business Server 2011 Essentials.

I am unable to find a download link for this specific server, it almost seems like there is no version available for this server.

hxxp://www.eset.com/...offline,179,,,,

Am I perhaps missing something?

Kind Regards,

Ben.

According to hxxp://support.eset.com/kb2893/#fsyou can install EFSW on SBS 2011. Maybe just the Download page incorrectly lists the supported versions?

Hi everyone! My name is Michael. 

This is my first time using an ESET product. I found the ESET forum because I am having an issue with ESET Smart Security 9 (HIPS specifically) and Google Chrome and was hoping to come on the forum and get some assistance here.

I'm running Microsoft Windows 7 Professional x64.

AV I'm running is ESET Smart Security 9 (of course :P ) with everything enabled but HIPS (for reasons specified earlier), Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Home Premium, SUPERantispyware Pro, and COMODO Firewall. 

Interesting fact about me is that I can type up to 100 WPM with over 95% accuracy.

BTW, I had started a thread describing my problem 7 hours ago saying moderator had to accept it first. I had also entered a post in a thread 3 hours ago; also saying that a mod had to accept it first before it is shown. I do not see it yet nor was I messaged or emailed anything from this forum. How long does accepting it typically take? Is that enough of a wait to inquire, or should I wait longer?
EDIT: eventually it took 3-4 days...

Thank you ESET Security Forum!

Edited by simplepinoi177

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

My Name is Lacpla

I first had eset 2009 and i have returned this year with the installation of Multi device smart security.

Currently under multi device protection are two 2010 Toshiba Satellite laptops Windows 10, an Android os  Samsung tablet, If its compatable Microsoft Lumia 550 and my partners iphone is free from Parental Control...for now.

I have a heaps of projects on the go and i find i am easily distracted when i see something going on that looks better then what into.

looking forward to seeing some user  based posts to compare experiences and advise. also some strait to the point stuff from admin.

• 4 weeks later...

I have tried submitting a few support request for Windows Server but cannot see them or any status that says pending. What are the rules for new members posting ?

• ESET Moderators

I have tried submitting a few support request for Windows Server but cannot see them or any status that says pending. What are the rules for new members posting ?

Hello,

First time posters need to be approved by the forum staff.

You are now ready to post.

Regards,

T.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Everyone!!

My name is antus ( which is polish and in English is "Anthony)

I came across the Eset  Security Forum via the web and associates that are members of this forum.

My OS is Windows 10 Enterprise and my AV is Eset Nod 32.

I have been working with computers since 1999 and thru out the years I had the pleasure of testing and writing reviews on antivirus software, many requests were by Vendors that wanted their software tested and evaluated.

My passion growing up was a musician, I played the sax and clarinet and played in a band for 30 years. Now I'm retired and spend a majority of my time on the web.

Hi Everyone!!

My name is antus ( which is polish and in English is "Anthony)

I came across the Eset  Security Forum via the web and associates that are members of this forum.

My OS is Windows 10 Enterprise and my AV is Eset Nod 32.

I have been working with computers since 1999 and thru out the years I had the pleasure of testing and writing reviews on antivirus software, many requests were by Vendors that wanted their software tested and evaluated.

My passion growing up was a musician, I played the sax and clarinet and played in a band for 30 years. Now I'm retired and spend a majority of my time on the web.

Nice to meet you antus.

I'm sure you will enjoys your visits here.

My name is Joe (Josef- Joseph) :)