Cerber Ransomware

ruwan88

please help to recover my files. Files are encrypted by cerber ransomware and also changed file name with extension .96b1.. isthare any eset tool for decrypt those files....

• Administrators

Files encrypted by Filecoder.Cerber cannot be decrypted. If you are a paying user, we can check your ESET's configuration to make sure that you have ESET configured for maximum protection.

We have ESET Remote administration environment, but this happened to one of our separate site that running Mcafee. So you said can't decrypt. Is this for ever or can we find a way later. 

Edited by ruwan88

• Administrators

We have ESET Remote administration environment, but this happened to one of our separate site that running Mcafee. So you said can't decrypt. Is this for ever or can we find a way later. 

If the police, malware authors or whoever discloses the master keys for decryption, then it will be possible. Just out of curiosity, was the malware also detected but blocked on systems with ESET installed?

the PCs using Mcafee is out of our ESET network, so the threat only for that network. We didn't notice that malware in ESET network.

In 2015 one of my friend was struggling with CRYPTOWALL ransomware which is infected to a file server. ESET has given a tool for decrypt those files after a 6 month from the attack. that is why I asked you can we found a key later.

thanks for your support....