Eset V6 Antivirus Deployment - Outlook stuck at "Inbox Updating"

mstroud_pfi

I'm in the process of deploying V6 AV to my users and ran into some issues today.  We received some complaints today regarding Outlook stuck at updating and it was right after Eset installs on the PC.  There are few posts in the forum regarding this issue but it doesn't look like it's been resolved or it could be by design.  Some of these users have shared mailboxes so their OST's can get pretty large. Is Eset scanning their entire Outlook profile? If so, does it block all incoming emails or does it cause the synchronization to stop? 

Yes, that's what I'm thinking but I was curious about the behavior of Eset and why it would prevent synchronization?  I want the Outlook integration so maybe it's just something we will have to deal with for new installations. 

We've had this on 20+ machines. You have to delete the email profile (in control panel on the client) and recreate the profile. It'll then work.

20+ machines (possibly even 30+) out of > 100, and deleting/recreating always worked. Also, we only experience it straight after the ESET install, we've never had to revisit a computer that we've already performed this "fix" on.

Jim

I guess same settings exist in v6, but in v5 I had to disable these settings:

Windows desktop v5 > Email client > Settings 
 Disable checking upon inbox content change: Yes

Windows desktop v5 > Email Filter > Settings 
 Scan read messages: No
 Repeat scan after update: No

Settings these options helped in preventing similar problems.

• Administrators

Just out of curiosity, don't you all use Cached Exchange mode in Outlook? In such case, flagging emails in inbox could take longer after installation due to communication with your Exchange server.

• 4 weeks later...