Threats found but "Zero Cleaned"

Hello all :)

Recently I bought an ESET Smart security from a retailer and installed it on my PC. I have done a complete system scan. Eset detected 14 threats but "Zero" cleaned. I couldn't find an option to see the infected files and I couldn't select an action to take like "delete, quarantine, ignore" etc. Ran one more scan, this time it detected 27 threats. Still Cleaned NONE. Only option I left with was "Finish" button. I am still unable to find the infected files in each scan and how to clean those.

When I go to "Tools -> More tools -> Log files -> Detected threats"... It shows only 11 threats. That too replication of same threat file.

When I check the scan logs, it shows a long log, but neither showing the infected files nor an option to take any action.

Kindly help me in the above concern.

I am posting the details below along with the screen shots.

Make : Compaq Presario CQ43

ESET version : Smart security 9  (9.0.408.0)

Virus Data base : Up to date

Thanks in advance..

post-14474-0-42503500-1479130654_thumb.jpg

post-14474-0-80391900-1479130653_thumb.jpg

post-14474-0-42503500-1479130654_thumb.jpg

post-14474-0-97567600-1479130652_thumb.jpg

Actual it did clean one threat in C:\Windows\Temp if you reference the Detected Threats log.

Perhaps set ThreatSense cleaning mode to strict cleaning for both realtime and on-demand scanning? That is what I use.

Couldn't it be that you ran the scan in "scan-only" mode?

Thanks for your response.  :)

But i couldn't find an option to change the scan mode. Can you please help to change the scan mode

Moreover where's the option to see the infected files and how to fix them by deleting, quarantine or ignoring?

Kindly help me.

See when i give the computer scan it directly starts scanning.

No option to select scan mode. When I checked in custom scan, "scan without cleaning" is unchecked by default. Still its detecting threats and cleaned ZERO

post-14474-0-69482800-1479192247_thumb.jpg

post-14474-0-77179200-1479192268_thumb.jpg

Actual it did clean one threat in C:\Windows\Temp if you reference the Detected Threats log.

Perhaps set ThreatSense cleaning mode to strict cleaning for both realtime and on-demand scanning? That is what I use.

Thanks for your response. :)

You are correct. It cleaned one file. But there are more files affected. ESET should be able to clean all the threats I believe.

I will set the ThreatSense to  "Strict" and give a try.

But i couldn't find an option to change the scan mode. Can you please help to change the scan mode

See the below screen shot showing how it is done for Realtime scanning. Repeat the same ThreatSense update for On-Demand and Start-Up scans. 

Note: Strict cleaning will remove the infection without any user interaction, so be aware of that. In other words, you can not interact with the process; for example, to ignore a detection prior to cleaning.

Moreover where's the option to see the infected files and how to fix them by deleting, quarantine or ignoring

As far as I am aware of, the only option to do so is the default "normal" cleaning mode I assume Eset is currently set at. You should have been receiving alerts when Eset could not clean the malware detection?

As Marcos stated previously, validate that your Realtime, On-Demand, and Start-Up cleaning settings are not set to "no cleaning."

post-6784-0-48054800-1479218855_thumb.png

Edited by itman