ERA 6.4 All-in-one installer

I've created an all-in-one installer for Windows but I'm struggling to see the point of it! What I would like to do is to deploy this remotely but this doesn't seem to be an option.

I have a v5 network on which I keep postponing an upgrade to V6 because V6 seems very unwieldy and over complicated to use. When I saw that V6.4 now had this feature, I hoped that things would be simpler - but apparently not. All I want to do is push out a single package with the agent, the antivirus and configuration details - i.e much like what I could do with V5. Is this not possible?

• ESET Insiders

I guuess the All in One installer is supposed to be for installation from a USB drive or network share (this can be done by loginscripts or some deployments tools). You can run it with some parameters to make it silint (search this forum tfor the exact parameters). If you will deploy directly from ERA, I would create a Dynamic Group with all computers not contraining an application called Eset Endpoint Antivirus or Eset File security. To this group you would create an install task (remember to set the expiry date to something like far away, like 1. jan 2099). to install Eset Endpoint Antivirus

This way, when you deploy the agent, it would automatically be added to the new Dynamic Group, which would force the install task to install Eset Endpoint Antivirus, and then it would automatically be removed from the Dynamic Group again. It is not as straight forward as in v5, but it will get the job done. The new Endpoint client is way better than the old, so i think it is worth the upgrade, even if something is a bit different

I've tried following the KB article KB3702 which uses dynamic groups but when I get to the Trigger section, the "joined dynamic group trigger" option in the trigger type drop down is greyed out and not selectable.Is this broken at present or is there some other reason why I can't get this to work? The only thing I haven't followed from the instructions is selecting a licence, simply because I am running a test network and don't wish to allocate any actual licences. Would this make a difference?

• ESET Staff

You can you use the "joined dynamic group trigger" only in case, when your target is actually the dynamic group. Maybe this was the problem in your case.

PS: Together with ERA 6.5 release, we will also publish a standalone "push deployment tool" that will allow remote push installation of the all-in-one installers. But I will still recommend using a GPO/SCCM or the live installers method for agent deployment and then standalone task for Endpoint installation.

Also, please note, that the Endpoint will report "not activated" red status, till not activated.

post-35-0-78011100-1479230857_thumb.png

I did eventually manage to add the trigger after selecting the dynamic group as the target, however I cannot get the trigger to actually run! If I manually force the task to run then the product is successfully installed but this is frankly too much effort. I find this product over complicated and seemingly prone to failure, while the documentation and knowledge base seem to be less than current. I will once again abandon any attempts to migrate and wait for the next version :angry: