What really happens when I change all settings to defaults

Hi,

I changed my settings to defaults in ESS 10. I want to know what ESET reseted. Does this affect to the firewall rules and is ESS now functioning normaly? Can somebody please explain me what is reseted.And also can somebody give me full tutorial of reinstallation of ESS. I don't know why ESET developers made uninstall so complicated because when I uninstall it in normal way trough control panel after uninstallation there are still leftovers. Also can somebody explain me how can I see is ESET functioning normally( I mean is there any diagnostic tool).

Edited by HrcaA3000

Also can somebody explain me how can I see is ESET functioning normally( I mean is there any diagnostic tool).

As far as program diagnostics go, they are built into the software. You will see visual status indicators with the Eset GUI that one or more protections are not working properly.

As far as testing Eset's protection status, you can run the tests given on this web site: hxxp://www.amtso.org/feature-settings-check-for-desktop-solutions/ . Eset should pass each one of them by showing an alert that the test threat was detected and mitigated.

Thank you for your reply. I noticed one more thing. Lets say that my computer name is "ABC" without quotations marks.When I activated ESS it shows me that my computer name is "ABC". But when I reinstall Windows and install and activate ESS again it shows me "ABC-1". Why is ESET adding those numbers???

Thank you for your reply. I noticed one more thing. Lets say that my computer name is "ABC" without quotations marks.When I activated ESS it shows me that my computer name is "ABC". But when I reinstall Windows and install and activate ESS again it shows me "ABC-1". Why is ESET adding those numbers???

I have no clue as to the quotation marks. When I access Eset's "About" option, my PC shows w/o any quotation marks. If you are referring to what shows at activation time, I really never paid any attention.

The -1 suffix might have something to do with Eset's licensing when a multiple license purchase is involved?