Does this exclusion work ?

Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

Hi

Some of our PCs use Thunderbird for emails. Since Thunderbird isn't officially supported AV pops up with found viruses inside Thunderbird's folder and file structure - deleting those file would sometimes result in loss of emails.

So the way to go would be an exception for AV scan but since the users differ the path would also be different for each user.

So I came up with an exception path like this:

C:\Users\*\AppData\Roaming\Thunderbird\*.*

Would that work?

No, it is not possible to use wildcards in the path. We are tracking this as an improvement, however it won´t be done in Endpoint 6.5

Although it's not officially supported, it often works. My 0.02$ :)

Ok, I have set the path and will test it.

• 3 weeks later...

No, it is not possible to use wildcards in the path. We are tracking this as an improvement, however it won´t be done in Endpoint 6.5

its possible to use wildcards or something like that on firewall rules? I have almost the same scenario. I need to allow port 443 to "OneDrive.exe" buy every single user has a different folder... Thanks in advance.

• Administrators

its possible to use wildcards or something like that on firewall rules? I have almost the same scenario. I need to allow port 443 to "OneDrive.exe" buy every single user has a different folder... Thanks in advance.

That's not possible, at least not currently. I'm not in favor of using wildcards otherwise one could create an allowing rule for svchost.exe which is a name often used by malware too. As a result, the rule would allow malicious communication just because of the file name.