Block webpages for specified hours

Hello,

I just started in a junior IT position and the company we are using ESET Endpoint Security, Antivirus and ERA for managing the devices.

A "played" a little with ERA and there are a lot of things you can do!

Now we want to block access to webpages and only allow specific pages that we use for our daily activities.

I figured out how to do it and from ERA and from the Endpoint client, however I can't find an option to specify a set of hours when we want to block access to other sites.

For example during 08:00 and 12:00 we want to only allow access to specific pages. Also I can't find an option for a time frame in Endpoint Security's settings (under Web Control) either.

Is there any way we can achieve such thing (block web pages during specific hours) through ERA or even by individually set it up on each client?

Thank you very much for your time,

Charalambos

• Administrators

Unfortunately, this is currently not possible as Web Control does not allow specifying the time range and days when a rule will be active and there's no time/date parameter for dynamic groups either. To my best knowledge, there are plans to improve this but not in the next version 6.5 yet.

Unfortunately, this is currently not possible as Web Control does not allow specifying the time range and days when a rule will be active and there's no time/date parameter for dynamic groups either. To my best knowledge, there are plans to improve this but not in the next version 6.5 yet.

Could you please, confirm this? This is something we are investigating to implement but would require third party product. If ESET could promise this for 6.x release we would wait.

Regards!