Eset Mobile - Generik.CVKDBJZ Trojan

Spookt

Scanning just found that my Android phone is infected with: Generik.CVKDBJZ Trojan

However, it says it is in a system file program called Safety Assistance. Being a system file, it cannot be quarantined or shut off. The link to Virusradar shows no information for Generik.CVKDBJZ. Is this really a trojan? What do I do and how to I clean it?

I've got the same issue.  Is this a false positive or is this really a trojan?  If a trojan, then how do I clean it being as this is a system file?  Real-time threat protection has been running this whole time so how did this get by it?  Is this a "zero-day" threat?

• 2 weeks later...

I woke up to an overnight scan giving me the same results. Doing a quick Google search only gave me four other results (this being the fifth), but all of them were marked as potential scams/infected sites by my Web of Trust Chrome extension. So it seems like the file is malware, but it's odd that ESET can't even quarantine the file due to its apparent importance

I just spoke with an ESET chat support agent and it seems to be a false flag with the Samsung Assistance app & have been instructed to simply ignore the warning. 

(17:27:51) Ralph B. said to you: After doing some reading on Samsung Safety Assistance, I can see why it might be flagged as Malware
(17:28:14) Ralph B. said to you: "Safety Assistance is a tool that will send an emergency SMS containing your current location, a short audio recording and a picture taken with the front and rear camera to a select group of contacts of your choice."

Hopefully this will help anybody else running into the same problem!

Edited by kukomin