Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

davidson_23

ERROR: read_user_info() failed! err=2969 ln=305

Recommended Posts

I've been able to find information regarding the 304 error but not for this. It comes up after installation. I even reinstalled it and it did the same thing. When it does that if you click on the ESET icon in the top bar area the list is greyed out. I have to then open it via my applications folder for it to become active again. I'm running OX 10.8.5. I installed the very same program on my husband's Mac (OX Lion) and there was no problems. Help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That was the very first thing I tried but it didn't work. I'm a bit frustrated with it. I just upgraded to Pro and outside of this bug I really like it. I also run the Windows version in Parallels. No problems there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok,

Can you please try these steps and let me know if it resolves your issue.

1. open the System Preferences panel

2. go to Accounts [OSX 10.6.8] or "User & Groups" [OSX 10.8.3]

3. unlock the account modification by clicking the lock button and entering admin's credentials

4. right-click on user's account, select advanced options and enter 'staff' without quotes to the group box and save it. (this is probably your profile name currently)

5. restart the Mac​

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...