mass agent uninstall task question(s)

Dear all!

Back story of my question:

I created an uninstall task (to uninstall agent) from erac console. It's working, cleans the agent, the task comes back with "task failed" messeage, wich is normal, we discussed that before i accepted period.

I do unintall task by mass, meaning I target 50+ computers, as i see, the uninstalling is go one bye one, which is unconvenient because if i remember correctly, to reach task failed status is something like 20 minutes.

I am using: ESET Remote Administrator (Server), Version 6.4.295.0

Questions:

1. Can i do something to speed up this process?

2. What will happen if a computer offline at the unstall momment, will it try to run the uninstall task when it turned on?

Sorry for misspelling.

• Administrators

A "Stop managing" task is carried out immediately after agent connects to ERAS and receives the task. So basically you need to create such task, assign it to the desired computers and send them a wake-up call to enforce agent's connection to ERAS.

If a computer is offline, agent will connect to ERAS the next time the computer is turned on. If the expiration time for task execution has not elapsed, the task will be run.

I am using the stop managing task, but the finish of this task is delayed like 20 minutes, and until the task not finished, the next unistall is not starting. So to uninstall from 3 computers is like an hour..

Another question: is there a way, to notice the diffrence, between the agent versions? (we recently upgraded from v5, i know if i install a v6 agent on a machine wich is using v5 agent, there new agent will installing without problem)

Edited by petersonal

• ESET Staff

This is really a weird behavior as the tasks are executed by ERA agent, not by ERA server, and their are executed as soon as all of your agents connect and get the task to be executed.

So, even if you execute the task on 100 computers, as soon as all of those 100 computers have connected, they should start executing the task all at once (or be randomized within the 20 minutes, as each of the clients connects within the 20 minutes). I assume that is your replication interval.

What is the replication interval of your agents?

How many agents are connecting to your server?

Isn´t your server overloaded (not accepting connections)?

Also, what is your era server / era agents versions used?

they should start executing the task all at once (or be randomized within the 20 minutes, as each of the clients connects within the 20 minutes).

- This option would be very nice, but seems the events not working like this.

How many agents are connecting to your server? - well, not sure. In ERAC i count something like @ 1000 PC-s, well the active agents  number is much less, my guess is around 300, but it's hardly a guess.

What is the replication interval of your agents? - well, sorry, but i am not sure this too. I saw the default 20 min policy, but also saw a 1 minute created policy, how can i know which is active?

Isn´t your server overloaded (not accepting connections)? - this can be, sometimes the erac is not responding, dont undestand why, problem appears on random times, at random interval, How can i test this??

Also, what is your era server / era agents versions used? - agents are MIXed, lot of them are v4 (4.2.71.2), some of them are v6 (6.4.2014.2). We are planning mass upgrade to v6 (successfully tested installing agents v6 via GPO)

ESET Remote Administrator (Server), Version 6.4.295.0

ESET Remote Administrator (Web Console), Version 6.4.266.0

I hope my answers can be understandable.

Edited by petersonal