Activation not working out of the box

Deployed RA server.

add license and complete install.

Create installer with agent and endpoint antivirus.

Install on client.

Client shows up 

create activation task.

Task fails.

Pretty frustrating when it doesn't work clean out of the box.

trace.logstatus.htmllast-error.html

• ESET Staff

Could you please verify that endpoint antivirus is installed and reported by AGENT (in list of installed applications)? According to logs it seems security product was not detected and that is most probably reason why activation task failed. Is there any error visible as reason for task failure?

Yes it reports correctly Endpoint Anti virus is installed.

So looking at the ERA console the client is listed as connected and Correct version installed.

Whats interesting,... With the agent installed I cant activate Endpoint on the computer itelf.

I need to uninstall the agent and endpoint and download a standard install then it activates correctly.

I can then install the agent and appears to be able to send policies.

I have 75 computers and 10 servers I need to add,.. so doing it the long way is not ideal.

• ESET Staff

Can you please confirm if you do not have policies assigned to group all that are forcing clients to communicate via apache http proxy? (proxy server is configured in "Tools" / "Proxy Server" ?

If you have installed your ERA server in default configuration with those settings enabled, all clients are forced to communicate via HTTP Proxy.

Is the computer on the internal Lan (has it access to the proxy server) or it is connected directly?
If this is the case, create a new policy, that will have the "use proxy server" setting disabled, and try the activation again.

Created new policy and turn off proxy same error.

Computers on same subnet as server,... no firewall, direct access to internet.

Its not working.

I've seen cases where all-in-one installer generated by ERA doesn't want activate for some reason. If you enter product key directly on the client, you get an "ACT. 21 Internal error", remote activation tasks would fail too, most likely due to the same issue. Some suggestions for you to try:

1. Delete the license key on ERA, added it again, and then re-create the all-in-one package (you can ditch the old ones as they're probably already botched)

2. Create the all-in-one package without the license, then use the activation task for activation.

• 2 weeks later...

Had the same problm this week with one of my clients. Everything worked fine for several months. But after a reboot the computer was red in the ERA Console and details showed the product is not activated. Nothing helped but the new installation of ESET client.