Windows 7 appears unprotected with EIS 10

Anthonia, on 07 Nov 2016 - 02:05 AM, said:Anthonia, on 07 Nov 2016 - 02:05 AM, said:Anthonia, on 07 Nov 2016 - 02:05 AM, said:Anthonia, on 07 Nov 2016 - 02:05 AM, said:Anthonia, on 07 Nov 2016 - 02:05 AM, said:

This bug exists since beta, admitted by the ESET team themselves. It's nothing major, probably just visual. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

Gee would you like to share with the rest of us just what are you talking about??? :wacko:

Edited by TomFace

Anthonia, on 07 Nov 2016 - 02:05 AM, said:Anthonia, on 07 Nov 2016 - 02:05 AM, said:Anthonia, on 07 Nov 2016 - 02:05 AM, said:Anthonia, on 07 Nov 2016 - 02:05 AM, said:Anthonia, on 07 Nov 2016 - 02:05 AM, said:

This bug exists since beta, admitted by the ESET team themselves. It's nothing major, probably just visual. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

Gee would you like to share with the rest of us just what are you talking about??? :wacko:

The int site doesn't have this link anymore, but I've found it on a localized version. https://www.eset.com/th/beta/edition2017/ Scroll down and read "known issues". Why do you seem to be so offended ?

• Administrators

Unfortunately, it's not clear what issue you are having with v10. The link you've posted points to a v10 beta page which is not relevant once a final v10 has already been released. If possible, post a screen shot to illustrate the issue.

Again, the issue is that the computer does not appear protected in Windows 7. This didn't happen in V9, but happened in V10 beta. Here's the screenshot.

EDIT: Yes, all the protection modules are enabled.

post-14364-0-30465100-1478541510_thumb.png

Edited by Anthonia

I don't know about ESS 10, this topic is about EIS 10, latest version.

EDIT: here's a screenshot from a different computer with Windows 7.

post-14364-0-94236100-1478592371_thumb.png

Edited by Anthonia

• Most Valued Members

I'm on Windows 7 sp1 x64 running EIS v10.0.369.0 final release. My findings are similar to Tom's. Have you considered a clean install of Eset?

post-351-0-58830800-1478606415_thumb.png

Edited by SCR

I'm on Windows 7 sp1 x64 running EIS v10.0.369.0 final release. My findings are similar to Tom's. Have you considered a clean install of Eset?

I've done that on both computers.

Sor

I don't know about ESS 10, this topic is about EIS 10, latest version.

EDIT: here's a screenshot from a different computer with Windows 7.

My mistake.

• Most Valued Members

I've done that on both computers.

I ran a EIS beta for several months and now EIS final since it's release without issue. It's obvious that you have an issue that seems to be very localized. If it were in fact a bug it would be showing up on other systems and that just doesn't seem to be happening. 

If you uninstalled any version of Eset prior to the install of v10 including any beta releases you should probably contact Eset for further assistance.There is something not correct with your installs or configurations of EIS v10 on those systems. That is unless someone with greater knowledge responds to your post.

• Most Valued Members

If this behaviour remains I'd recommend making sure you run the Eset uninstaller tool. I've witnessed problems before when uninstalling seems to actually leave some traces that then leads to other issues. You can find the uninstaller at hxxp://support.eset.com/kb2289/?viewlocale=en_US

If this behaviour remains I'd recommend making sure you run the Eset uninstaller tool. I've witnessed problems before when uninstalling seems to actually leave some traces that then leads to other issues. You can find the uninstaller at hxxp://support.eset.com/kb2289/?viewlocale=en_US

Good idea, but I've done that. First had EIS 10 beta and tried to uninstall it, and it failed. The I used the ESET uninstaller, successfully uninstalled it, got back ESS 9 and when EIS 10 release came out, I've got it. And now I'm stuck with this problem.

EDIT: I ran the ESET Uninstaller again and it only detects EIS 10 installed on the computer, so there's no issue with that.

Edited by Anthonia

• Administrators

Most likely there's an issue unrelated to ESET with registration to WSC. Does running "ecmd.exe /registerav" from the command prompt run from the ESET install folder as an administrator ? If it doesn't help, try running "ecmd.exe /registeravsoft" and restart the computer. If that doesn't help either, we'll need a log from Process monitor from the time when you run "ecmd.exe /registerav".

• Most Valued Members

Good idea, but I've done that. First had EIS 10 beta and tried to uninstall it, and it failed. The I used the ESET uninstaller, successfully uninstalled it, got back ESS 9 and when EIS 10 release came out, I've got it. And now I'm stuck with this problem.

EDIT: I ran the ESET Uninstaller again and it only detects EIS 10 installed on the computer, so there's no issue with that.

Did you remove eset 9 using the uninstall tool or just upgrade?

Did you remove eset 9 using the uninstall tool or just upgrade?

No, ESET 9 uninstalled just fine. I opened today the Uninstall tool and it only sees EIS 10 on this system.

Most likely there's an issue unrelated to ESET with registration to WSC. Does running "ecmd.exe /registerav" from the command prompt run from the ESET install folder as an administrator ? If it doesn't help, try running "ecmd.exe /registeravsoft" and restart the computer. If that doesn't help either, we'll need a log from Process monitor from the time when you run "ecmd.exe /registerav".

I'm sorry, can you give me more details on how to do that, please?

• ESET Insiders

Right click Command Prompt and Run as administrator.

At the prompt enter:

cd "%ProgramFiles%\ESET\ESET Internet Security"

Adjust the above command if EIS is installed to a different directory.

Once the prompt is at the installation directory, enter the commands given:

"ecmd /registerav" or "ecmd /registeravsoft"

Right click Command Prompt and Run as administrator.

At the prompt enter:

cd "%ProgramFiles%\ESET\ESET Internet Security"

Adjust the above command if EIS is installed to a different directory.

Once the prompt is at the installation directory, enter the commands given:

"ecmd /registerav" or "ecmd /registeravsoft"

Looks like this worked, however Windows reports that "Windows Firewall is turned off or set up incorrectly", but it's not. EIS 10 firewall is turned on and working with no problem.