ESS reducing network speed dramatically

Hi

I am using the recent ESS v10 software under Windows 10 x64 and when I am transferring files via SMB from my NAS the network performance drops dramatically from usually 98MB/s to 28MB/s on inbound traffic - outbound traffic to my NAS is fine with around 108MB/s.

The annoying fact besides this problem even exists is that disabling ESS don't help - it seems I have to de-isntall ESS in order to get the usual speed back.

Anyone ever had this or know hows to solve it? - I find that issue really strange because SSDs read with more 500MB/s and there is now speed penalty under normal working conditions, so there shouldn't be any issue dealing with a 1GbE connection.

Hardware:

AMD 8350 with SSD and HP 1040 G3 i7 6600U with SSD (NAS: Xeon v4 with Intel i210 NICs)

thx for any help

regards

Stephan

I'm having the exact same problem. My internet connection is extremely slow, Mozilla Firefox and Chrome take ages to open every tab and it all started when I upgraded to ESET Smart Security v10. Unfortunately, I'll have to uninstall it if I can't fix this problem soon.

i also had this issue. i have to do a CLEAN install. and make sure the network driver was removed. once i did a clean install everything was great

@dafaher

I only have this problem with transfer speeds above 30Mb/s. Normal internet browsing is limited to 5MB/s - so I don't see any issued here...

@zfactor

What dioyou mean by clean install? - a clean Windows install? - that would be an insane task to solve this issue.

Or do you mean clean ESET re-install by using removal utility an removing and reinstalling network drivers and at the end reinstall ESET?

• Administrators

Please collect logs using ESET Log Collector as per the instructions at hxxp://support.eset.com/kb3466/, upload the output archive to a safe location (e.g. your ftp server, Dropbox, etc.) and pm me the download link.

Have you tried disabling ESET Personal firewall in the advanced setup and disabling protocol filtering to see if it makes a difference?

Please collect logs using ESET Log Collector as per the instructions at hxxp://support.eset.com/kb3466/, upload the output archive to a safe location (e.g. your ftp server, Dropbox, etc.) and pm me the download link.

Have you tried disabling ESET Personal firewall in the advanced setup and disabling protocol filtering to see if it makes a difference?

ok, thx

Will troubleshoot that over the next days

I am using the recent ESS v10 software under Windows 10 x64 and when I am transferring files via SMB from my NAS the network performance drops dramatically

Suspect this has something to do with Eset's SMB settings in "IDS and advanced options" section. Maybe the packet inspection settings for SMB?

Ref.: hxxp://help.eset.com/ess/10/en-US/?idh_config_epfw_advanced_settings.htm

Edited by itman