ESET Smart Security vs ESET Smart Security Premium

I noticed that there is now a ESS Premium. I have a valid ESS license, but appearently it isn't valid for ESS Premium. Is ESS Premium a different product than ESS? what little info i found, it seemed that it was simply a rename of ESS. If it is a different product, Can I upgrade my current license for ESS to ESS Premium for a discount?

Edited by cybot

• ESET Insiders

I noticed that there is now a ESS Premium. I have a valid ESS license, but appearently it isn't valid for ESS Premium. Is ESS Premium a different product than ESS? what little info i found, it seemed that it was simply a rename of ESS. If it is a different product, Can I upgrade my current license for ESS to ESS Premium for a discount?

Those two are different ones. ESS is no longer available to purchase, as in that place came up less featured EIS (it's lack of AntiTheft feature) and richer one ESSP (which has additionally to ESS PasswordManager and Drive/Folder Encryption modules). Details you can find here:hxxp://support.eset.com/kb3753. You still can download and use ESS 10, which is still available as download but only for people who has valid license for it, and you will be able to extend your licence for example for anouther year, two or three, but you simply cannot buy new one (only those available as physical boxes which is on the market are still available and still can be activated). If you cannot download ESS from some department - report it here, as it should be available to download. And about upgrading to ESSP - probably there will be some paid upgrade, but I don't know how much it will costs.

There is a Smart Security ver. 10. You can download and/or purchase here: https://www.eset.com/us/support/download/home/ . Scroll down the web page till you see the non-premium version.

If you prefer to do an off-line install, you can download the non-premium Smart Security ver. 10 installer here: hxxp://support.eset.com/kb2885/?viewlocale=en_US

Edited by itman