Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'cache'.

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • ESET General Forums
    • ESET Announcements
    • General Discussion
    • Forum FAQ's and Rules
    • Submit a virus, website or potential false positive sample to the ESET lab
    • Quick questions by guests (registration not required)
    • WeLiveSecurity.com
  • ESET Home User Products
    • ESET Internet Security & ESET Smart Security Premium
    • ESET NOD32 Antivirus
    • ESET Cyber Security (for Mac)
    • ESET Cyber Security Pro (for Mac)
    • ESET NOD32 Antivirus for Linux Desktop
    • ESET Products for Mobile Devices
    • Web portals
  • Malware Detection and Cleaning
    • Malware Finding and Cleaning
    • ESET Standalone Malware Removal Tools
  • ESET Business User Products
    • Customer Research Opportunity
    • Gartner Peer Insights review invitation
    • ESET Cloud solutions
    • ESET Endpoint Products
    • ESET Products for Windows Servers
    • ESET Products for Linux Servers
    • ESET Products for Mobile Devices
    • Remote Management
    • ESET INSPECT (Detection and Response)
    • ESET Products for Virtualized Environments
    • Encryption
    • ESET Licensing for Business
    • Other ESET business products
  • ESET Beta Products
    • ESET Beta Products for Home Users
    • ESET Beta Products for Business Users
  • Slovak and Czech forums
    • ESET NOD32 Antivirus, ESET Internet Security a ESET Smart Security Premium
    • Produkty pre mobilné zariadenia
    • Vírusy a iné hrozby
    • Ostatné


  • Files
    • Early Access
    • Miscellaneous
    • Outlook plugin BETA
  • ESET Cyber Security 7 BETA
  • ESET Bridge BETA

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start





Website URL






User type

Found 2 results

  1. Hello, I have ESMC installed on my network and a number of remote LANs, on which I utilized the Apache HTTP server, as per https://help.eset.com/era_install/65/en-US/http_proxy_installation_windows.html I did not include the scheduling of cache maintenance (end of the above mentioned article) and as a result the cache dir grew to over 4Gb (which is not that bad), from around 130.000 files in more than 190.000 subdirectories! Understandably, that was my mistake. I tried running the htcacheclean command, which managed to lock my AD server on which Apache was running. Restarted, re-ran the same command and again the system after an hour or so entered a lockup again. Rebooted for a second time, but somehow the htcacheclean had managed to do its job: the total contents of the directory were cut tenfold to only 340Mb, from 4.600 files in 7.355 directories. I've got a couple of questions: is the size of some hundred megabytes for the cache "logical". FYI, the remote lan consists of around 20 windows PCs, most running (still) windows xp and some running windows 7 in the ESET KB article above, the htcacheclean command contains the parameters " -l10000M -L12000", which effectively limit the cache to 10Gb (ok so far) and to 12.000 inodes. How do inodes correlate in my own Windows setup?
  2. I'm having some issues with the ERA Apache http caching proxy. I've updated a few test machines to EEA 6.6.2046 and the 6.6.2046 installer looks like it was pulled from the cache properly but after the install and forced reboot there was another update (modules?) This wasn't pulled from the cache instead it was just proxied through Apache on the ERA server. [Wed Sep 20 09:53:59.467075 2017] [cache:debug] [pid 6468:tid 916] mod_cache.c(1214): [client] AH00768: cache: hxxp://update.eset.com/ep6.6-dll-rel-sta/mod_002_engine_30152/em002_64_l0.dll.nup not cached. Reason: Authorization required After about 15 minutes downloading I noticed this in the ERA proxy's error.log: [Wed Sep 20 10:06:23.072275 2017] [cache:debug] [pid 6468:tid 900] mod_cache.c(1214): [client] AH00768: cache: hxxp://update.eset.com/ep6.6-dll-rel-sta/mod_002_engine_34802/em002_64_l2.dll.nup not cached. Reason: Response status 404 And the client's EEA update tab now says "Modules update failed, file not found on server". However, the client in ERA is listed as "modules updated", with the correct EEA version number (ESET Endpoint Antivirus 6.6.2046.0) but an old definitions version - 15873. (current as of now is 16112). I guess this is because the hourly update task hasn't been run yet? I then manually click "check for updates" on the client and it's now downloading another file (em023_64_i0.dll.nup) through the proxy again instead of the cache. This file is 16MB, the previous one that failed (em002_64_i0.dll.nup ?) was 75MB. After a lengthy update the client then goes through the "updating modules x/6" process and now looks fine on both the client and the ERA. Tried it on another machine and exactly the same results. The installation file is cached but the modules aren't. When the machine gets logged in after the forced reboot the user is presented with a big warning popup telling them "modules update failed, file not found on server". If I manually run check updates or manually force the scheduled hourly scheduled task to run the modules are now updated but are still not being cached by the ERA proxy. if I run htcacheclean -a -p "c:\programdata\apache http proxy\cache" I get a little over 1100 entries so some things are being cached fine but not everything.
  • Create New...