When I install ESET Cyber Security Pro on each of my kids Macs, immediately after detecting our actual home network the following happens:
- New Network Connection Detected. "You just connected to an unknown location. Please select a profile for this connection."
- So, I confirm my current (not new) network connection name. It shows my current familiar network address.
- Then it prompts me again with a New Network Connection detected.
- It says, "Interface: awd10" I don't know what this is.
- Below, under advanced settings it shows a Network of "fe80::/64" and above that a particular fe80... address. I am unfamiliar with this address.
- Now, my normal network connection shows BOTH addresses, as if my internet connection might be routing 2 different directions. This appears really suspicious to me.
I'm wondering if a malicious code is activating or running awd10.
Does anyone else experience this?
Is this a true part of ESET? (If so, it would be REALLY nice to be forewarned.)
Thank you for any help!