A very good feature I saw on LOCAL ESET PROTECT SERVER, where YOU HAVE A CHOISE to select WHAT WILL HAPPEN to Computer that were FOUND in AD, even if they were removed before from ESET LOCAL SERVER.
Why it was useful ?
+Easy to find a missing computer
+It would add computer to ITS CORRECT AD GROUP folder
+ AUTOMATION, you could chose what to do with it.
ESET CLOUD PROTECT DOESNT HAVE THIS OPTION:
- ADScanner will miss removed computers, and you don't have any options, they will never be added back.
- Computers once removed, cannot be added back to where they BELONG, ITS IMPOSSIBLE TO AUTOMATE.
- You have to INSTALL agent on an OLD REMOVED COMPUTER so it WILL RE-APPEAR AGAIN in ESET PROTECT CLOUD.
- Even if you install AGENT on OLD Removed Computer, it will appear NOT UNDER ITS GROUP IN AD, but under: a standard Dynamic Group (Windows Computers) -> (No manageable security product).
- Next, you have to go in your AD, find that computer where it belongs to, and MANUALLY MOVE IT TO CORRECT GROUP.
Please do something about this, as its annoying and hurts our business, as we have many old, and many new computers and changes. We don't have time to manually do this. Thank you!