We have been an ESET reseller for over 14 years and have enjoyed a very good and healthy relationship with ESET UK.
Over the last 24 months the relationship has been anything but smooth. With the recent implementation of license counting (which we support), as repair company this has become a nightmare. We are now often finding ourselves stuck in an impasse, taking days for the UK office to sort it, if at all.
We have had a complaint open for 3 weeks now, and still have no resolution to the issue. I have tried to speak with various members in ESET to be told, there is nothing they can do. I have formally asked for someone in Management, Nicky, to contact us as this needs to be resolved. To date, no one in senior management is willing to deal with this.
In recent months we have found some members of ESET UK to be rude, and lacking knowledge.
In desperation, and hope to retain any form of relationship with ESET, I am hoping this post will get the attention it requires.
• PC came in for repair with the hard drive failed. We replaced the hard drive and re-installed Windows and the customers applications. When we came to activate the customers ESET products, we were presented with a ‘License Leaked’ error.
• We contact ESET support to check on the license count. This particular license was for 2 devices. The count was showing 4. That was due to the customer being an ESET customers of ours, for over 13 years. During that time, they have had several replacement laptops and workstations.
• The easy solution was to log into the license manager and remove the old devices, or so we thought. The customer had never setup license manager. In fact, when they took their subscription out, license manager never existed!
• Okay, so we went ahead and created an account for the customer. When we tried to add the license key to the newly created account, it returned an error ‘This license has already been added to a my.eset.com account’ – DOH!
• Back to ESET UK support, transferred to customer services, transferred to our account manager. Then transferred back to support. Two days later still no answer or work around. Meanwhile, our customers screaming that they want their device back. This is not looking good on us, and yet, we have no control of the situation. Like any decent company, we have communicated with our customer.
• We then had two more repair cases similar. This is now becoming urgent to the point I opened an official complaint with ESET UK. Our account manager came back with a quick workaround. The work around did allow the re-activation of the customers purchased product. The resolution was to change the customer’s license key. That’s fine for one user licenses, or even up to a couple, but 10, 15 devices, having to go around each device and change the license key in what was, a fully working machine. Who’s will pick up the cost for doing this? Us, the customer, ESET?
• It still doesn’t negate the fact, that even a newly created license key could not be added to the my.eset.com account.
As a reseller, 90% of licenses sold through us, are off the back of our repair company. As we have sold thousands of licenses over 14 years, we are going to see this with most of our existing customers when they ever upgrade, replace or have a repair carried out.
So far, I have spent 63 hours in total trying to get this sorted. That has now effectively wiped out all profits on 682 license renewals 682 at our current labour rate.
We will not be referring any new business until I can see ESET has become commercially viable to sell again. Renewals will process for the short term whilst we look into alternative partnerships.
I am truly sorry for posting this in an open forum, but need to get this fixed.