Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


Everything posted by Mike

  1. I agree, it has been frustrating to keep pushing my Mac users back a month at a time, to now see the date for Firewall support in ESET Endpoint Security has been pushed back to March by ESET! Many of them are itching to upgrade to Big Sur. As a non-Mac user myself, I'm now left trying to decide whether to let my Mac users now upgrade to Big Sur without Firewall, or make them wait even longer to install Big Sur until Firewall is released by ESET. Would be interested to hear what others are planning to do now with this latest news... Also interested to hear about the beta too..
  2. Thanks Marcos. WIll keep an eye out for that. What about ESMC client v7.0.447.0 (eg the other half of my question)? Is that OK, or does that need a newer version for compatibility with next MacOS version too? Might be worth an overview help page which has compatibility for all ESET products and lists the minimum versions that will work with next MacOS without problems. That way we can see at a glance the latest status, (eg currently wait for the next product version) and then when that product is released, it will state the exact version that is minimum required. Otherwise each time
  3. A Mac user is still getting the same warning on Eset Endpoint AntiVirus v6.9.60.0 I assumed this would be fixed in the v6.9 product line, as you said it would be fixed in the next version after v6.8 (or do you mean the v7 product line?) Equally, whilst I'm assuming that the warning is coming from Eset Endpoint, I guess there is an equal chance it is coming from the ESMC client (which is on v7.0.447.0). Any info on what are the minimum versions of both Endpoint and ESMC client are required for use with the next version of MacOS would be much appreciated.
  4. @HSW Are you talking about ESMC or Endpoint Security here? (I was referring to Endpoint Security & AntiVirus in this thread, but you raise an interesting point) I'm presuming that EES and EEA v7 will work fine with either ERAv6 or with ESMC v7, but I realised I haven't checked that specifically. Ideally at this stage I'd roll out some EESv7 test machines, whilst I remain on ERAv6. I'd then look at a switch to ESMC v7 at a later date, when I have more time. @everyone else. Thanks for the input and replies so far. Makes me more confident to invest the time in trialli
  5. As a small charity, we have very limited resources to test new products internally. Therefore I was wondering how other are finding v7 of EES and EEA? (ideally I'd have asked via a poll, but that isn't allowed for mere mortals!) So how about this for a poll substitute. What is your experience of Endpoint v7 products? Great. (Using it with no problems) OK. (Using it with only minor problems.) Tested. (Tried it, but having major problems, so not ready for widespread use.) Not tested yet. Other... Thinking you can just reply with the number that ma
  6. Awesome. That info is great. Sounds like the product we've been waiting for. Can't wait to test drive it! Thanks for sharing! Mike
  7. Thanks. That'll save me having to find it by nosing around again! (my situation is the same, in that the current default is the non-routeable sever name instead of externally routeable url, so now I'll be able to fix that forever now!) Thanks. Mike
  8. Perfect! I fully understand those dates are best guess right now, but that is really useful guidelines which will help me plan! Thanks. In terms of functionality, are we basically talking a cloud version of ERA? (eg similar functionally to local ERA install, but installed on ESET's servers as a cloud service)? Are there are known feature gaps that come with this cloud version compared to current local install of ERA?
  9. Thanks for the help! Do you mean I create two policies: One to send the settings I want (but which unfortunately locks those settings from being changed) A second less restrictive policy which I then apply afterwards which leaves the things I set in the first policy in place, but then allows local editing Is that what you mean? If so, do the two policies have to be manually set to the first policy, then after it has applied manually remove it switched to the second policy? (Or, can I apply both at once using the policy order to set and then unlock?) Also, in the
  10. Hi, I've only recently started exploring Policies and I'm finding them confusing and too restrictive. Am I missing the point, or is there another way to set configuration for Endpoint Security & Antivirus products using ERA 6.5 but in such a way that I also allow local changes to be made as well. Currently if I set anything via the Policy (say a rule to allow Skype through the firewall - although why this doesn't just work out of the box is beyond me!), that also locks the firewall so that the user can add their own exceptions. What I want to do is set a sensible set of default
  11. Sweet. I had the same query a while ago, and no answer was forthcoming. I did nose around the SQL at the time, and saw the entry required, but chickened-out from changing it in case it messed things up. Glad to hear that this tweak works fine! Will hunt it out and see if I can change ours too. Thanks for sharing the knowledge back with us all.
  12. Even very vague and non-committed time-frames are useful. I'm in the process of moving all our stuff here out to the Cloud, which makes sense for us as we are a charity and get the cloud stuff for free. However it looks like I'm going to need to maintain an onsite server and hybrid setup just so that ERA will run! Which is a lot of admin work to maintain for that one function.... equally I couldn't contemplate managing all our users remotely without ERA, so am in a tricky situation. No point using Azure for it, as that would just cost us dollars compared to hardware onsite we already paid
  13. That would be awesome Thanks. That is exactly what I wondering... if there were settings that I should tweak to optimise my Mac user's experience of ESET! If you are able to share your policy settings I'd be most grateful.
  14. A variety of issues. Each machine different (all on v6.4.246 though): EES = Firewall blocking Skype on automatic. Rules set to allow it, but user has still since turned firewall off. (Waiting for update from user) EES = Another user had "wheel of death" and browsing issues with EES installed. Took lots of hassles to remove EES. ERA 6.5 hasn't reported home for a month. User completely fed up of ESET. (Have a remote support session with ESET tomorrow to explore.) EEA = Mac has problems with Eset for a while, but is on latest 6.4.246 and user keeps disabling to get machine working
  15. I'd be wanting to find out why they are closing EEA down. If they are having issues with it slowing their Macs down to be unusable, or other similar issues, then blocking them from turning it off might stop them from closing EEA... but it will potentially greatly increase the user's frustrations!!! And maybe even leave them unable to user their Mac. We are having various issues with Endpoint on Macs, and as a result I also find that users keep turning it off. This to me suggests there is a deeper problem with Endpoint on Macs (a mix of both EEA & EES here). I don't see these same issues
  16. My guess is that it happened because the agent is designed to be upgraded using the Remote Administration upgrade task (it is called something like that), and because it was a fresh install (even though it was installed on top of the old agent), it has been detected as a fresh computer. I can't find the instructions for updating right now, but if you hunt around the knowledgebase you should find what you are looking for. You basically run an upgrade on the Remote Administration as though you are going to upgrade the ERA server itself , but you select all the computers you want to get the n
  17. Where is the database stored? (same machine or separate server?) What OS does your server have? How frequently are the agents set to 'phone home' to ERA?
  18. We've had problems with Eset Mail Security for Exchange v6.2 so it would appear not all v6.2 products are fixed yet.... (although Eset are yet to respond to my thread, so as yet unconfirmed) but turning off Protocol Filtering appears to have worked for me on EMSXv6.2 although it'll take another week of no reboots to be sure. Protocol Filtering is in the Web & Email section of the Advanced Settings. If you go to the Main Header for this, there is an On / Off slider button for this feature. (I also disabled Outlook Integration on mine in the email section - since it is on a Mail Server n
  19. Because I was nervous about installing the Hotfix without proof that it: a) works on SBS2008, and b) was likely to help the problem anyway; .... instead I've disabled the Protocol Scanning features for Web and Email in EMSXv6.2 (as I don't think they were enabled on the previous EMSXv4.5) and that was an alternative solution offered by Marcos in the other thread: I'll have to wait now to check whether that has helped my server regain stability or not. I am surprised though, as the Eset KB article suggests that the latest products shouldn't need to use this hotfix: Y
  20. Hi, I'm having problems with our SBS2008 since we installed Eset Mail Security for Exchange v6.2 (6.2.10009.0) last week, where the server repeatedly has become unresponsive and required a hard power off with the power button. (at least 4 times in the last week at random times on a previously very stable server) I have been unable to find the culprit for the problems, so can't prove it is EMSX v6.2 that is at fault, although that is the main thing that has changed on the server recently. (The other being some Windows Updates which could also be the cause). I would roll back to EMSX
  21. I'll start my own thread to discuss my server as that would appear to be more helpful than cluttering this thread with a potentially separate problem. But I'll leave discussion of this Microsoft Hotfix to this thread, so that info all stays together:- Is this Microsoft Hotfix definitely safe to install on SBS2008? It isn't on the list of applicable systems on the Microsoft Hotfix page.
  22. Does this hotfix problem apply to Eset Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange v6.2? I've had multiple system freezes in the last week necessitating the system (SBS2008) to be hard powered off with the power button. Cause as yet unknown, but Eset Mail Security is my current guess as that is the main thing that has changed on the server just before this issue started.
  23. Glad to hear it is official. Why has it not been announced here and stickied yet? Is it a deliberate soft-launch?
  24. Hi, I have seen Eset Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange (EMSX) v6.2 is in the Beta forum, where I was asking about release date. I know see that it is available for download on your main website and is mentioned as supported by the new ERAv6.2..... but it isn't announced yet in the sticky threads here... So I was wanting to know is this officially released now, or is it still in beta.... or is it half way between these, sort-of having a soft launch maybe? The reason I ask, is that I had a nightmare day with EMSX v4.5 yesterday, which resulted in 24 hours of no virus or spam protection fo
  25. Marcos. Glad to hear this info. Helps us better appreciate the vision for the changes. Would love to hear more of this stuff, as it helps us understand the long term goal, and therefore endure the short term pain whilst we get there! Looking forward to finding time to install v6.2 Thanks. Mike
  • Create New...