Jump to content


  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About morezen

  • Rank

Profile Information

  • Location

Recent Profile Visitors

585 profile views
  1. Thanks @Aryeh Goretsky for reporting this issue. It seems the problem may have something to do with the location it thinks my Internet Connection is coming from ? When I used my phone and forced it to use the Cell Tower connection (instead of home Internet connection via Broadband Network), it worked OK this time. Cheers
  2. Thanks @Greg96 - your suggestion worked. There is something really weird happening here ? I just tried your suggestion using Google Chrome on my phone with my Home Wi-Fi connected to the phone. The first time I tried it went to the same error page. Next I cleared the Chrome cache. I then turned off the Wi-Fi connection for the phone, so it was only using my phones Optus Mobile Network connection. This time it worked !!! It ended up on https://au.store.eset.com/renewal/check Cheers
  3. Hello I hope this is the correct place to post this query. I have sent messages to ESET support International and no one has replied yet. I have been a customer of ESET for more than 10 years and am extremely computer literate. Each year I have successfully renewed ESET using the Australian web portal, however at the moment all links to RENEW my ESET license via the Australian website DO NOT work right now. The link to renew inside the ESET GUI is also not working. Steps to replicate problem. Please note my I.P. is based in Australia, as I believe this may be part of the problem. 1. Go to this link: https://www.eset.com/au/support/existing-customers/ 2. Press Renew button 3. A re-direct then goes to this link: https://go.eset.com/renew/?_ga=2.268813942.684404668.1581554792-672009164.1581554792 4. Then it re-directs again and finally ends up here: https://www.eset.com/store/ On this page it reports a re-direct error and suggests to "Try clearing your cookies". I then clear my cookies, but this does not change a thing. 5. I have tried Google Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge and Opera - all web browsers suffer from the same error. I managed to send a message to the Australian Support email address and they asked me to phone them to process my order. When I explained to them there was a problem with the AU website, they said "yeah we know about the problem, but don't know how to fix it" !!! When I asked if they had reported this to ESET headquarters, they had no interest in pursuing the matter any further. I can't believe they don't care about the website not working !? Does ESET International realize there is a problem with the Australian website ? My guess is that they must be loosing some customers because of this problem. Can someone please investigate this problem OR tell me who I can send a message to, to get it fixed ? I have uploaded some screen shots to show the problem. Regards Derek
  4. I am also experiencing problems with ESET Banking & Payment Protection. It has stopped automatically opening a secure browser with the green border for my bank and PayPal. I only realized a few days ago that it had stopped working, so it seems like one of the recent updates to ESET has changed something. I have been successfully using the ESET Banking & Payment Protection system since it was released. When this feature was added to ESET, the banks I use were detected and automatically added to the Protected websites list (as far as I can remember). When I realized there was a problem, I deleted all my banks from the protected websites list to see what would happen. No banking websites are being detected now. Both Secured Browser and Ask Me settings have stopped working. I am manually opening a secured browser using the Tools menu, until this problem can be fixed. My main banking website is: https://www.stgeorge.com.au/ Version of ESET Internet Security in use:
  5. Hi there Out of the blue on 23rd January 2017, ESET Smart Security 10.0.369.0 has started blocking Facebook Javascript from a major Australian website. ESET virus signature database = 14813 This is a major news website, which I visit multiple times every day for over 10 years and then suddenly one element is being blocked. Everytime I go to a different page on the same site, ESET pop-up is reporting Address has been blocked. Website in question is: hxxp://www.abc.net.au/news/ ESET logs report this: Time;URL;Status;Application;User;IP address;Threat 23/01/2017 5:40:29 PM;https://connect.facebook.net/en_US/fbevents.js;Blocked by internal blacklist;C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe;ZEN\ArcAn;; Is this a false positive or a new threat that website in question needs to fix ? Regards Derek
  6. It's now been 10 months since you reported this to the developers and the problem still exists. The problem is intermittent, but when it does happen it is extremely distracting. It seems to effect both Windows and various programs. For example, I can be editing video in Sony Vegas Pro and all of a sudden the Preview Windows starts flashing. So each time this happens, I go to Network Connections and change the Refresh Speed to 30 seconds. I use the Network Connections window all the time, which means I then have to change the refresh rate back to 1 second so that I can accurately monitor download/upload traffic. I have the very latest build version of Smart Security installed v.9.0.402.0 Can you please provide an update, otherwise I am seriously thinking about using a different program altogether. I have been using ESET for 8 years and really do not wish to change. This one problem is becoming a big issue. Regards Derek
  • Create New...