All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Unfortunately, Eset slipped in rankings from previous 2017 Q4 test ranking of level 1 (99.7%) to Level 2 (98.5%) certification. Only test malware detection category Eset improved in was PUA/Adaware in which it scored 100%. Since both 2017 Q4 and 2018 Q1 tests were performed using Win 10 x(64) and Internet Security 11.0.159, it is assumed MRG test samples were the reason for the difference in test performance. https://www.mrg-effitas.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/MRG-Effitas-2018Q1-360-Assessment.pdf
  3. Today
  4. The alert is like that by design. I get the same with v11.1.
  5. He might also be referring to the red border around the alert window. It is not evenly spaced around the edges; note the wider left border. This behavior doesn't occur on my PC. My best guess its related to his graphics card perhaps.
  6. If it's really the shadow that concerns the OP, I'm getting it on any context menu so it doesn't appear to be related to ESET only.
  7. Believe the OP is referring to the faint shadow surrounding the alert box. I just forced an Eset alert and it doesn't show on my Win 10 1803 desktop screen. However, I am using the default Win 10 background which is not a solid blue color as shown in the OP's screen shot. So the desktop background used might have something to do with the issue. I am somewhat at a loss as to why this would be a concern.
  8. I don't see any issue in the screen shot.
  9. Hi @itman, I did exactly that and it fixed the problem! The drivers are no longer there and my ram is no longer climbing rapidly on it's own. Thanks alot!
  10. I first encounter this issue way back 8.1 was still a brand new OS. I tried different AV's from time to time and I recently went back again to ESET. I just cant believe that this issue still persist. As far as I know "Internet Download Manager" has this issue and they were able to fix it. Having said that, it's not a Windows 10/8.1 issue but from the program itself.
  11. No, but i have interactive firewall active and the prompts still came through forcing me to switch to the desktop window. Also, i have used eset for many years and i got used to see a notification everytime i alt+tab to desktop about eset warning me gamer mode is ON, however, it does not switch to ON automatically, if i switch manually it works, if i set for it to disable after x minutes automatically it also does, the only problem is it doesn't activate automatically. I could test with only one monitor but i'd like to use 2 anyway. Nevermind, just tested with one monitor, doesn't work too. You have any suggestions on what to do or just a reinstall?
  12. I don't know what the response from LiveGrid servers was, however, regardless of the response the cached file would have been either deleted or submitted. If it was deleted and nothing was logged, it had to be rejected by LiveGrid servers. Next time you can make a backup copy of such file so that we can investigate it further.
  13. How do you know that gamer mode doesn't activate automatically? Did you schedule a scan to be run at a time when an application was running in full-screen mode and the scan was actually started?
  14. We didn't change anything with regard to the issue and are currently anticipating more information / resolution from Microsoft.
  15. Peter, My organization is interested in being apart of your beta test group for this and other products. cfq1491
  16. Yesterday
  17. Confused : All threads cleaned

Exactly! Usually I cancel this scan, but this time I was busy An ESET finished the scan, scanning all my "Test" folders. 36 "potentially unwanted" were found, unfortunately I really want to keep them. Back to the subject in hand , I do not like the philosophy "You don't have to care what action was exactly performed". In fact I DO CARE very much about what action was exactly performed; that' why I spend time to set "Threat sense" in a hundred places. If a file was "disinfected" I would rather install it again as new, rather than having a "disinfected" one. So, if this is the idea, why not having a big red button on the end of the scan with a "FIX ALL" message????
  18. Exactly. The problem cured itself on two of them. I suspect the eset programmers solved it once they confirmed that turning HIPS off cured it. I installed the v1803 final release from the fast ring on all three of those laptops on the same day. They were all on my workbench for bad hard drives and I was replacing them with SSDs. I had the final release of v1803 from the fast ring so I deployed it on these non-mission critical machines. The problem began immediately on all three of those 32-bit machines. eset customer support (frank - thanks) logged onto to one of them and spent a good deal of time (couple of days) trying to solve it but nobody knew what was wrong. So one of the laptops got extensive scrutiny and was finally solved by putting it the pre-release eset update channel after the programmers had their way with it. The other two solved themselves with updates from the regular update channel and maybe the almost immediate (for Microsoft) cummulative Windows update. It might be some combination of the two or it might be eset solved the whole thing. But the problem went on for quite a few days. I'd say it's ironed out now for anyone that's fully up to date with Windows updates and the most current version of Nod32. It's worth noting that two of the laptops were older pre-UEFI machines and one was a newer UEFI machine and all were Intel processors and chipsets from various eras.
  19. Guess no more "dustbowls" there? Amazing what intelligent agriculture practices can achieve. So what you are saying is that nothing was done Eset-wise to that installation and NOD32 is running w/o issue? Wonder if the May 1803 Cumulative update did correct the problem? If so, I guess it needs to be determined if all having NOD32 memory issues on x(86) have applied the May update. One other question, was NOD32 installed prior to or after the 1803 upgrade?
  20. Confused : All threads cleaned

Malware cleaning in Eset is somewhat of an "academic" discussion. In all the years I have used Eset, it has never found malware via a scheduled or manual scan. All malware I have encountered was either blocked prior to download or upon initial file creation. Cases such as the OP posted where 36 malware were found occur at Eset installation time when the initial detailed scan is performed. I would imagine most of those folks were previously using an AV of such quality as ... or ...
  21. I traveled all the way to Oklahoma yesterday to visit my client who had the last v1803 32-bit problem child computer. Unfortunately, that computer had already corrected itself with all the current v1803 Windows Updates and Nod32 Updates. No longer having an issue. Did you know your product works in Oklahoma? Who knew? They have everything now. Electricity, running water, indoor toilets, computers and internet. Life is pretty good in Oklahoma.
  22. Hello, Pls, add DNS cache history(ipconfig /displaydns)/ARP entries/Windows Routing Table/ recently modified+accessed files and shimcache to SysInspector.Ty.
  23. Confused : All threads cleaned

Somebody who wants ESET because is highly customizable ( I count more than 120 parameters) most likely is interested to know WHAT EXACTELY HAS BEEN DONE.
  24. Confused : All threads cleaned

You don't have to care what action was exactly performed, otherwise you'd have to distinguish between clean files infected with a parasitic virus and other kind of threats that contains only malicious code. The point is that cleaning means removing the malicious code, ie. either the whole file or the malicious code added to otherwise legitimate files and also removing all references to the malicious file from the registry. A copy of the original file is always put into quarantine so that it could be restored later, if needed.
  25. Confused : All threads cleaned

Cleaning means "any" of 1,2,3 or all of them at the same time ?? In 2, there is "deleting the whole malicious file or cleaning the malicious code ... or sanitizing the file " . How an user is supposed to know which "or" happened? Wouldn't be more logical to know EXACTELY what happened????
  26. The two drivers shown are associated with DesLock+, an encryption utility. Eset uses its engine in various products including Smart Security. Eset uses a common installer for both Internet and Smart Security. The features exclusive to Smart Security such as the DesLock+ installer, DesLockInstaller.msi, are locked out from installation in Internet Security. Appears what happened here is perhaps you installed Internet Security over the previous Smart Security installation? As such, it appears the DesLock+ components remained installed and apparently active. It is debatable if manually uninstalling the two drivers would 100% correct all your issues since other components of DesLock+ might cause other problems. The easiest solution might be to export your existing Internet Security settings if you have custom ones in effect. Then run Eset's Uninstaller utility: https://support.eset.com/kb2289/ in safe mode to remove all traces of the previous Smart Security installation in addition to the existing Internet Security installation. Once that has been completed, reboot your PC and manually verify that the noted driver files no longer exist in C:\Windows\System32\Drivers directory. After verification, then reinstall Internet Security and import your previously saved settings if so done.
  1. Load more activity