Antitheft keeps locking my device

Antitheft repeatedly locks my device about every 3-5 minutes triggered by a supposed SIM card removal. Each time I unlock it it asks to trust the SIM card again and re odds a different SIM card number. I am befuddled and had to disable it. I've had my device stolen and recovered twice using these features so I don't want to just leave them off. Please help.

• Administrators

Did you enable SIM matching in the Anti-Theft setup? If so, couldn't it be that you deleted "Eset*" contact(s) from the SIM card?

I have same issue, just had to disable the anti-theft entirely.  It would change the last four digits of the SIM card ID.  None of them were the correct ICCID that I can find in settings. 

• 2 weeks later...

I've been experiencing the same issue for a couple of months now. Pretty frustrating when during a hike ESET mobile choses to lock the mobile where I store maps (glad I always bring paper maps as backup!).

• Administrators

Couldn't it be that you deleted Eset* contacts from the SIM card before the issue started? If not, you could open a support ticket via the built-in form if you managed to unlock the phone then.

• 1 month later...
On 5/10/2022 at 12:55 PM, Lrt said:

I've been experiencing the same issue for a couple of months now. Pretty frustrating when during a hike ESET mobile choses to lock the mobile where I store maps (glad I always bring paper maps as backup!).

It is frustrating. I was switching over from Avast Pro to ESET and sadly I was greeted with this issue upon enabling it. It locks. I unlock. It says sim changed and asks if I trust the new one. Currently. I have 8 different numbers in there in just a few hours and just as I typed that it locked me out again. Sadly, I was leaving Avast because they are doing away with anti-theft. If ESET doesn't work it looks like I'll just create a task to do it and will go with Bitdefender or Malwarebytes. 

• Administrators
5 hours ago, DustyinLVNV said:

sadly I was greeted with this issue upon enabling it. It locks. I unlock. It says sim changed and asks if I trust the new one. Currently. I have 8 different numbers in there in just a few hours and just as I typed that it locked me out again.

We have found out than on certain devices an update of Android caused the SIM matching feature to malfunction. In such case we recommend temporarily disabling the SIM matching feature and re-enable it after we release ESET Mobile Security v7.4 which will have the feature reworked.